OEM Exhausts

Martin.UK

Registered
I have fitted the OEM exhausts back on my Gen2. My old ones were damaged so i found a pair that were removed from a new bike for a good price.
I used the bike today with them fitted for the first time. For about the first 40 miles i got a light burning smell from the joint where the linkpip connects to the headers. Also the the silencer seem to get very hot, that hot where i could not touch them. Is this normal for new OEM silencers and linkpipes ?
My old Yoshi's never got that hot.

I cannot answer to what the normal external temperature is, but is there flow from both pipes? I am double checking that one side is not blocked by an object inside of it.

I have fitted the OEM exhausts back on my Gen2. My old ones were damaged so i found a pair that were removed from a new bike for a good price.
I used the bike today with them fitted for the first time. For about the first 40 miles i got a light burning smell from the joint where the linkpip connects to the headers. Also the the silencer seem to get very hot, that hot where i could not touch them. Is this normal for new OEM silencers and linkpipes ?
OEM silencers (a lot of metal mass )are just great for drying wet gloves - radiates heat for ages

Yes I run the oem pipes so to not piss the neighbors off and yes the get extremely hot when running, you hear a lot of clicking when you switch the engine off(expansion etc)

I fitted the OEM exhaust's back on so i got a better feel of fitting the Akrapovic's. I have now been told, that my new Akrapovic's won't be with me till mid to late September. It was a good job i did not sell my old Yoshiumra R77's as they are now back on the bike. I hate it when you think your get your new stuff in 3-4 weeks then told it will be nearly 3 months.
I was offered a refund, but were ever i go i would still have to wait for them as they are made to order.

The stock mufflers are a chamber system. The problem is the the exhaust system, The cats are in the y section of the exhaust pipe. If you cut a sec out of the bottom and remove the cat and reweld it. That will get rid of the heat. Then have the pipes ceramic coated. With the stock mufflers and cat removed creates a very good sound and power. Guys fix your flash poop.

Yes I run the oem pipes so to not piss the neighbors off and yes the get extremely hot when running, you hear a lot of clicking when you switch the engine off(expansion etc)
The Yoshimura hepta force Japan pipes I fitted recently are as quiet as stock.Look nice though.

Back