OEM exhaust!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I just weighed my OEM exhaust system (Header pipes & both cans).

A grand total of 49.2 pounds.

Real heavy weights!

I cut mine off with a sawzall and threw them in the trash. They didn't stick around long enough for me to weigh!
laugh.gif

Steven that supports another thread that stated the stockers wt was 49lbs. Good to know. Now to replace all the hardware with Ti and reweigh
smile.gif

Dang. That's a lot of dead weight. I did slip-ons and found that it dropped 20 lbs off the bike. The other 29 lbs must be in the underbelly cat and the headers. It may be worth getting the Yosh headers to go with my slip-ons.

I was shocked at how heavy those things are. The header pipe is no light weight either! I think I'll fill my scooter up with fuel and weigh it as well? Would be nice to know exactly what the big girl weighs with full fluids.

That 49+ lb figure marries up pretty close to what Yoshimura stated also.... heavy, heavy stuff.
thumb_down.gif

The stock header/cat hardware is massively heavy just by itself.... there is an extraordinary amount of honey-combed metal inside the cat here:

OEM_header.jpg

That 49+ lb figure marries up pretty close to what Yoshimura stated also.... heavy, heavy stuff.  
thumb_down.gif

The stock header/cat hardware is massively heavy just by itself.... there is an extraordinary amount of honey-combed metal inside the cat here:
WOW...I didn't realize the 08 had 2 cats in the header
wowold.gif
Thats one massive and restrictive looking exhaust
rock.gif
How much are guys picking up hp wise with full exhaust systems?

Back