Odd problem, vista+remote=no modem at server

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I give up.. I have a couple workstations migrated to Vista... aside from usual Vista headaches, they will not operate the modem on the server (W2003) when logged in via RD... XP boxes do just fine...

everything in the RD profile is set to "on" and allow...

Guessing there is another permission issue here that I am missing... getting tired of running to server room just to submit claims

Dump Vista Randy, it sucks!!

Windows 7 RC1 was released today to MSDN, TechNet subscribers... Go with that; it will work for a year...

are you using an MMC console with remote desktop added? or stand alone RD? When using the MMC make sure you are "connecting to workstation" check box in properties of your server instance.

Dump Vista Randy, it sucks!!

Windows 7 RC1 was released today to MSDN, TechNet subscribers... Go with that; it will work for a year...
I have a copy of W7 they sent me loaded on a HDD... guess I will plug and pray.. :rofl:

are you using an MMC console with remote desktop added? or stand alone RD? When using the MMC make sure you are "connecting to workstation" check box in properties of your server instance.
just the RD.. I could setup the terminal server but have not had a need too.. Never tried it with MMC, did not know I could..

start a blank mmc and add remote desktop. you can put all y our servers on one console. Have you ever used RealVNC? Link
works great! never an issue with rights or permissions
hope i got the link right

the free version works just as well as RD... make sure you set a pasword

Sorry ace you dont strike me as a techy... more like big scary biker dude....:laugh:

good call on the mmc RD

Sorry ace you dont strike me as a techy... more like big scary biker dude....:laugh:

good call on the mmc RD

It may have taken me till i was 40 to get my BS in CS, but i learned a few things! And I was a MS trainer up until last year. No work out there.
that's scary biker GEEK dude now!:whistle:

I ran Microsoft Virus ...errr... Vista for 4 days. BTW, they don't have a backward migration path. If you do some research you can find some hacks that might get you back without having to reformat and reload from scratch.

It's not the big, scary, rough-looking guys you have to be scared of... it's the nice, quiet, unassuming types that remember things like IP addresses after hearing them once but can't put a name with a face after hearing in twenty times... :D

start a blank mmc and add remote desktop. you can put all y our servers on one console. Have you ever used RealVNC? Link
works great! never an issue with rights or permissions
hope i got the link right
will try that in the AM... As this is a closed network, never even fooled with anything other than the RD.. Just had a folder I left RD setups in and worked from there.. The only thing I used MMC for was managing work stations etc.. my closed little world does not change very much :)

did you get your issue resolved? Also i will add my vote in favor to a windows 7 upgrade! i have it on 3 machines so far and it blows away vista for ease and compatability!

hello Im a mac are you a pc?
:rofl: i feel your pain i have not 1 not 2 but 3 machines with windows...

Back