O Gravity

eeTMee

Registered
Just bought a zero gravity sport touring windscreen for my '05 - site unseen online & received today... seems awefully flimsy. Anyone have any experience with these? Any better alternatives I should have considered?

I agree, I bought one on Ebay and re-sold it before I mounted it. Lots of people praise them though. I have a Puig touring screen deal in the works, hopefully I'll score one very soon.

I have the ZG touring shield and have not had any problems with it at all. Wind deflection is excellent, was easy to install, doesn't rattle. Once mounted it's not nearly as flimsy as it is while in your hands. I don't know how strong it needs to be, but it blocks the wind no sweat. Now if you were going to ride through a rock fight, well then, maybe you would consider a thicker one. But thats just me.:)

Be very carful grasshopper, I am on my 2nd ZG touring screen.. 1st won I broke by just holding it up and showing it to my brother.. Mounted the 2nd one very carefully, If you know what I mean.
Doyle

Hate to be another downer, but...

I have the zero gravity sport touring screen on my '05...and it has broken where it mounts on the left.

And yes it is indeed flimsy, and in my opinion, all of Z stuff is too flimsy.

Granted it blocks the wind, but it is a real disappointment when you try to buff the screen or clean it and you hear it creaking under the strain.

I would like to know if there is a thicker more sturdy version of screen that is as good as Zero gravity Sport Touring in terms of fit and wind protection, because other than the flimsy problem, - it does the job well.

Are puig's stronger and thicker?

Welcome to the board...
biggrin.gif

I purchased my Busa and had them put a Zero G on it before I even left the shop.

Currently about 7500 miles on the Busa, I normally just ride it when I am going for rides (I.E. do not use it for transportation much) and when I go for rides I am usually in excess of 75mph most of the time with frequent excursions to the 160mph + range.

Have also had the needle pegged more than a handful of times for long stretches.

I don't have any problems with mine, no cracks, not even a scratch. Sold as a rock in my opinion.

Maybe people that are having problems tightened the screws to tight? If the screws are to tight that can cause it to crack and then any additional stress will just make it worse

Back