Zero gravity latigo seat for gen 2-my experience

virkdoc

Registered
just purchased a zero gravity latigo seat. Installed it and the seat moves all around....it doesnt fit well...there is considerable sideward movement and also up down movement. Sorted that out by putting some double sided tape to make the fit better......went for my first ride and after 300 miles of riding the stitching has stared to give way. Was not expecting such quality from zero gravity....I should have got a corbin.
I got it from an ebay seller and I want a refund so dont know what to do exactly. The seller says deal with the manufacturer direct.
I would be ok with a refund but I dont want to be sent another seat that doesnt fit.
Any ideas whats to be done?

Send a PM to Pashnit, I'm pretty sure he's a Zero Gravity dealer, has put thousands of miles on his seat without any issues, maybe you just got a bad one?

He might be able to help with the warranty issues though... :dunno:

The 2 tabs in the rear of the seat are too small and flimsy to allow a tight fit...that aside the stitching should not be giving way.

I would do whatever I needed to do to get my refund from the ebay guy you bought it from before it's too late. It sounds like you have been scammed.

Actually the ebay seller is an authorised rep for Zero Gravity and the seat was shipped direct from Zero Gravity....but Im just amazed at the quality....though I must add that the saddle IS very comfortable but quality needs to be better for a $230 seat. Stitching coming loose after maybe a few years I would understand....but 300 miles is a bit too much.

Yeah, that is not right. No reason the stitching should be coming loose. I would go after them. I would work on the seller first and if that does not work go right to Zero Gravity.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the e-bay seller advertise the seat as a 2nd from Zero Gravity? If so, there is a reason for a possible drop in quality of product. Buyer beware!

I would do neither. get one custom made by a professional who does it for a living vs. some old woman gettn paid $7 an hour to stitch up a seat who apparently can't do it very well. them are all generic. take ur stock seat and get it custom upholstered. its not gonna cost u but maybe $50 more then one of these generic seats do. it will not only look better but it will be far more comfortable and much better quality.

this guy is the best there is imo and ppl send him their seats from all over the country...... Kalin Motorcycle Seats

I didnt pick up the factory second....I picked up the full priced one and it was shipped by the ebay seller direct from the Zero Gravity warehouse.

Zero Gravity replaced the seat with a new one with a notw e that the one I had recieved earlier was an old stock which had these fitting issues. Fitted the new seat and what a difference.....fits perfectly and lines up well and doesnt move around like the earlier one.

Zero Gravity replaced the seat with a new one with a notw e that the one I had recieved earlier was an old stock which had these fitting issues. Fitted the new seat and what a difference.....fits perfectly and lines up well and doesnt move around like the earlier one.

Can you please post pictures of both seats?

It might save someone else the hassle you had.
It seems strange that Zero Gravity sent out a seat KNOWING that it was old stock and had fitting problems.

Yes, good you got it straightened out.

So lets see what you got for $230, please.....

Back