NT fairings - 2 month/480 miles review

Wraiths Empire

Donating Member
Registered
I had a 2008 hayabusa that was candy orange and sparkle black. It was the colors that drew me to the bike more than anything. When I sold that bike for my 2022 preorder down payment, it was those colors on it that I missed the most. So obviously I was a sucker for NT Fairings take on that. At around $600 shipped I felt that they were worth the gamble. The paint seems thin so I was worried about rock chips, especially with all the winter sand still lingering on our roads. I can't find a single chip anywhere and I've been sandblasted many times on my commutes. No cracks anywhere. They've held up just fine!

20240311_154455.jpg

20240311_154505.jpg

20240311_154609.jpg

The rear seat cowl has perfect alignment. The side 'vents' are not painted. They are molded in black with a satin finish. They actually look amazing in person! I'm glad they chose that method. The decals are perfect but I'm not sure about the clearcoat over them. What if the decals shrink or crack over time?

20240311_155151.jpg

20240311_155111.jpg

No rock chips in the front fender - yet. These are molded so perfect that one could mix and match NT's parts with original parts. The black center piece over the headlight is the original, for example. It came with an orange one, but I preferred to keep it black. I honestly could not find any meaningful differences between molded parts.

20240311_154634.jpg

20240311_154703.jpg

Tank cover popped right on with no issues anywhere, except for minor filler hole misalignment. The hole is a little forwards. It's so nice to not have to paint a tank with a color that probably wouldn't match, especially when these fairings are temporary anyways.

20240124_062412~2.jpg

My gen 2. The orange is a little different, I know, but still..... NT's paint is still beautiful. If I had to guess, NT used a metallic burnt orange basecoat, and not a 3 stage candy like Suzuki. It's still gorgeous, though! I get positive comments on how great it looks almosr everywhere I go!

20210413_160840.jpg

20210413_160858_HDR.jpg

You can't tell from the pictures but the NT black paint does in fact have sparkle to it. Not quite the rainbow sparkles that Suzuki has but very close in flake size and 'sparkle'. I love my Matte Silver Sword fairings to, but some road abrasions (Don't forget I nailed a 6' ladder at 75mph) and scratches can't be buffed out and become eyesores. My winter leather jacket buffed the back of the tank shiny in no time at all (Yes, there is a little bit of a belly to place most of the blame on). Not cool. So the fact that they are now protected and safely packed away gives me piece of mind that they aren't getting worse.

I almost forgot. The Fairings kit does not come with the spoiler thingy under the tail light for some strange reason. I bought a used one on eBay and painted it black, as to not destroy my red original. Have you guys ever used Spraymax 2k clear in a rattle can? That stuff is amazing for small projects!

20240311_154542~2.jpg

Thanks for the review.
You know, not trying to make it a "Look at me!" moment but I would have loved to see a review like this to help guide me through the decisions one goes through when throwing down money like this. I'm just hoping I can help someone else out who may be considering something simular. And hopefully they don't get screwed like some NT Fairing buyers! I'll feel bad.....

I wish I'd seen this before I put a couple of thousand miles on the New Gen 3, especially the end.
*On the other hand I'm never selling my gen 3, so maybe not so much, but it's certainly a great strategy to be aware of. Order the aftermarket fairings, put them on the new bike, and keep the stock ones mint should you ever resell it:

I had a 2008 hayabusa that was candy orange and sparkle black. It was the colors that drew me to the bike more than anything. When I sold that bike for my 2022 preorder down payment, it was those colors on it that I missed the most. So obviously I was a sucker for NT Fairings take on that. At around $600 shipped I felt that they were worth the gamble. The paint seems thin so I was worried about rock chips, especially with all the winter sand still lingering on our roads. I can't find a single chip anywhere and I've been sandblasted many times on my commutes. No cracks anywhere. They've held up just fine!
Your bike is REALLY pretty!

I was pretty happy with my custom paint job on my gen 1, but I probably would have traded it for the Gen 1 LE pumpkin color. Damn that thing was pretty. I haven't seen anything since the Gen 3 came out that I like better than my white with the Stellar blue. But yours is awfully close. Congrats on a gorgeous ride!

I almost forgot. The Fairings kit does not come with the spoiler thingy under the tail light for some strange reason. I bought a used one on eBay and painted it black, as to not destroy my red original. Have you guys ever used Spraymax 2k clear in a rattle can? That stuff is amazing for small projects!

View attachment 1680013
My NT-Fairing kit came with the little spoiler. They probably forgot to throw yours in.

IMG_4427.jpeg

IMG_4426.jpeg

Back