Now I've done it!

Sannosuke

Registered
Took my son for his first ride of the season.

After about 45 minutes we stopped off for some lunch and the first thing he says to me is "Dad, this bike is soooo awesome! Can you teach me how to ride it? Huh-huh, can you dad, I'll be careful!"

Had a good heartfelt chuckle over that one! :laugh:

My little man is only 10 so, it'll be a 'just a few more years' before he graduates from being the copilot to being a Hayabusa pilot.

You could always set him in front of ya and let him hang on to the bars, if he does good then let go for a minute and let him do it himself, you can always steer with the pegs. :laugh:

My "little guy" rides his own busa now!:laugh:

post-6-29769-P1010009.jpg

I am already at the dirtbike for my kids stage. They have gone to the Junior Red Riders camp 3 years in a row and now my older son who is 14 has talked me into putting "OR TRADE" on my ad which is selling my Gixxer. The "OR TRADE" is for 1 or 2 dirtbikes, preferably 125 2 strokes or maybe 250 4 strokes. Man, I really do need my head (and wallet) examined but I figure life is short and they are only young for a very short period so have fun while you can!:cheerleader:

I am already at the dirtbike for my kids stage. They have gone to the Junior Red Riders camp 3 years in a row and now my older son who is 14 has talked me into putting "OR TRADE" on my ad which is selling my Gixxer. The "OR TRADE" is for 1 or 2 dirtbikes, preferably 125 2 strokes or maybe 250 4 strokes. Man, I really do need my head (and wallet) examined but I figure life is short and they are only young for a very short period so have fun while you can!:cheerleader:

I hear ya loud and clear!

My wife wants to "save-save-save" but I keep telling her "unlike time, money comes and goes" so without being to frivolous, lets try to enjoy our (relatively) short time here on earth.

We're in the midst of downsizing (two older kids are moving out, getting out of a big house and all it's expenses!) so hopefully this'll free up some funds for some older/inexpensive dirt bikes for my boy & I. Nothing fancy but enough to get us out to teach him the basics.

You could always set him in front of ya and let him hang on to the bars, if he does good then let go for a minute and let him do it himself, you can always steer with the pegs. :laugh:

Before I had the Busa we actually did that with the Magna! He loved it but unlike the Magna, there really isn't much room for error on the Busa.

The Magna was roll on power while (as we know) the Busa is instant.

Back