Well, I've really done it this time...

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
I never really connected with my Concours 14, so I had to put her up for adoption. That worked out well because Georgiabusa_05 had been checking them out for a long time and he was happy to give her a good home.

Now residing in my garage is a new Honda Valkyrie. 1832cc 6-cylinder, dual radiators, single-sided swingarm and all, it's really quite a machine.

I was able to log her first 300+ miles yesterday when a small group of us headed to the Cherohala Skyway and stopped by the Dragon for lunch. Based on that, I think this bike is going to be a keeper. It has plenty of power right off the line and will be great for short hops as well as long-distance riding. I've also ridden the full Gold Wing and the F6B, and this one is smoother than both of them. Not sure why, considering it has the same frame and powertrain, but it is.

I'm still working on an appropriate name, but Brunhilde has been suggested. Ideas?

11781770_1680204695532210_3934885806053103996_n.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

FullSizeRender (12).jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

Nice ride my close retired buddy has a Blue one as well . Plenty of Tq to make you smile . He just headed to PA on his for vacation

Thanks, guys! Here's another pic that just came in from 129 Photos. All that LED lighting is pretty impressive at night.

Valkyrie First Ride.jpg

Valkyrie First Ride.jpg

i looked at that same bike last weekend trying to decide what i would do. I just couldnt get past the front end the way the plastic leaves a big hole between the forks and the plastic. Everything else about that bike i loved, and still may be interested in. Your pics are awesome and the one from the dragon in the corner looks sweet. How does the big girl handle?

Congrats on a nice ride.

I have a strong bond with my Concours and I'd have a tough time parting ways with her. I'm on my second Concours.

Nice Bike.

However the way I see it there are pros and cons to everything and there is no 1 perfect bike for every ride you might ever go on.
That's why many guys have multiple bikes. I only have 3 but there are a lot of guys that have a lot more than that.

Your new bike has plenty of power and torque - more than most bikes, that's for sure.

On a Gold Wing or a Concours they have windscreens so you get off of those bikes pretty clean vs. a Busa or your new bike and you are peppered with bugs.
A GW or a Connie will carry way more because of the saddlebags and trunks etc.

Enjoy that new bike - as it looks really comfy and like you could put a lot of miles on it without trying to hard. :thumbsup:

I looked at that before buying the F6B...The Valk has the best front suspension of the other 2.And being lighter is a plus.....that flat 6 give a new meaning to Torque!

Great looking bike Daniel. Glad I was able to take the Connie off your hands so you could get the Valkyrie. I have been wanting the Connie for several years now. Anytime you and Dianne want to take the Connie out just come get it. :)

They look a lot different without the bags for sure. nice ride Daniel

Back