Not a Busa

An old mate of mine was asked by a magazine to contest an old event called the Goolwa Beach Sprint on a then new V Max . He was riding this bike like it was meant to be ridden , laying black lines everywhere , but especially off the line launches . me and his ol' Lady was crewing for him , but really just standing around enjoying the runs . He smoked all the bikes at that event , and people loved that bike . I was still recovering from a shattered leg crash at the time , and was sporting a early type carbon leg brace with strut supports , with a big Ohlins sticker . That was a good for a few laughs . Here is a pic of the magazine cover shot of me mate Big Al at that event , crossed up a bit , with the rear hide fully lit .

Resized_20200722_181907(1).jpg

An old mate of mine was asked by a magazine to contest an old event called the Goolwa Beach Sprint on a then new V Max . He was riding this bike like it was meant to be ridden , laying black lines everywhere , but especially off the line launches . me and his ol' Lady was crewing for him , but really just standing around enjoying the runs . He smoked all the bikes at that event , and people loved that bike . I was still recovering from a shattered leg crash at the time , and was sporting a early type carbon leg brace with strut supports , with a big Ohlins sticker . That was a good for a few laughs . Here is a pic of the magazine cover shot of me mate Big Al at that event , crossed up a bit , with the rear hide fully lit .

View attachment 1669676
Awesome picture.....

I was actually looking at the 1700cc version recently , AU 27k second hand for what was a nice example , but a hell of a lot of dough .

I was actually looking at the 1700cc version recently , AU 27k second hand for what was a nice example , but a hell of a lot of dough .
There was a used one for sale around here for $15k (Cdn)...not a bad price for a bike like that...

They sure have a real presence....

A Major I once worked with had a V-Max he dedicated to a son he lost, he had a mural painted on the faux gas tank and he sure loves that bike.

He was getting posted so everyone was giving him a departure gift...I had a Maistro VMax which I painted to match his and had a good friend with skills paint the mural on the tiny little gas tank....I made a diorama (like it was sitting in his parking space in the parking lot) for it and put a brass plaque with his info on it..

He actually broke down in tears when I gave it to him...he had to go to his office to recover.....I didn't realize just how emotional it would make him...

Back