NOS wiring with hub, relays

elmostro

Donating Member
Registered
I seen some diagrams but i am not very good when it comes to readind the diagrams, can somebody a easy to understand, basic wiring diagram on how to hook up the wires from the horn to the relay and so on. my nos set up is very simple, i have a toggle switch coming from horn to the selenoid. up the nos is energize down the horn works. thanks

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/INSTRUCTIONS/NITROUS%20KIT%20EFI%20MOTORCYCLE%20SINGLE%20BOTTLE.pdf
factory horn switch colors ...solid black
factory starter switch colors....yellow with green tracer

either setup will work,
using setup # 2 is probably the easiest
you may need to use a multi meter to find which wires are hot and wich are grounds....on my setup I bypassed this all together and took the 2 wires off of the PASS button and the soldered on my wires for the solenoid activation

Attachments

• wiring # 1.bmp
    858.4 KB · Views: 1,453
  • wiring # 2.bmp
    813.6 KB · Views: 1,937
Last edited:
Here is how I wired mine to the PASS button

Attachments

• wiring # 3.bmp
    858.4 KB · Views: 3,173
Last edited:
I'm using wiring number two right now. but i will like to know how to wire the hub so i can start spraying at the rpm needed, i know i need a relay but don't know where to wire the relay and the sequence of the wires. thanks for the diagrams

in diagram # 2 break the red wire to the solenoid and wire that to your relay or hub...if the hub has a + trigger then hook the negative up to ground and the positive up to the hub, if it has a negative- trigger then hook the positive up permanently and use the negative to trigger the relay what will result is when the relay is triggerd it will reconect the circuit and thus spray your NOS providing that you are hitting the button....if you dont wish to use the button and want to activate it automatically then wire it up like diagram #5
In the diagrams no= normally open circuit c= common or negative and nc= normally closed circuit

Attachments

• wiring # 4.bmp
    813.6 KB · Views: 2,221
  • #5.bmp
    858.4 KB · Views: 2,499
Last edited:
great, now i'm getting somewhere, right now i'm not at home i'm in the uss harry s truman for a period of 7 more days i should be home friday or sat if i don't get it to work i will post pictures. the only thing i'm going to need help is with the numbers on the relay i know they go like 85 86 87 87A 30 and i don't see numbers in your diagram. thank you very much. i really apreciate your help

great, now i'm getting somewhere, right now i'm not at home i'm in the uss harry s truman for a period of 7 more days i should be home friday or sat if i don't get it to work i will post pictures. the only thing i'm going to need help is with the numbers on the relay i know they go like 85 86 87 87A 30 and i don't see numbers in your diagram. thank you very much. i really apreciate your help
30 is the common or c
87 would be the no or normally open
87a would be the nc or normally closed
30 should be a fused 12 volt circuit
85 is the relays ground wire (always grounded)
86 is the relays negative trigger wire..when this wire is triggered it switches the 12 volts from 30 and connects it with 87 when it is not triggered the 12 volts from 30 is connected to 87a (IE it switches back from 87 to 87a)

Last edited:
sorry its this way
30 is the common or c
87 would be the no or normally open
87a would be the nc or normally closed
30 should be a fused 12 volt circuit
85 is the relays ground trigger wire
86 is the relays positive trigger wire..when these wire's (85,86)are triggered it switches 30 and connects it with 87 then when it is not triggered 30 is connected to 87a (IE it switches back from 87 to 87a)

Attachments

• #2 revised.bmp
    813.6 KB · Views: 3,228
Last edited:
Back