Nos Bottle under the tank? good or bad?

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
I was doing some looking and a 1lb bottle fits well under the tank took a look at this cause a guy at my local track runs his there? is this a good idea or asking for trouble if i wana mount mine there for normal cruiseing? and all day running or should i put it in the tail section? would the bottle be under to much heat in there must be fine at the track he switches bottles about ever 2 to 3 runs

Also anyone running a A&J nos controller boxs was curious on anyone opinions of the little devil looks like a nice idea

NOS likes heat. I run my in the tail section and it works good. Removing the hump is easier than unbolting the tank. 1lb will last about five good 3 sec runs before it starts sucking air...and you'll know it when it does......

Put it in the tail section.
You'll eventually blow the pop off valve because of the heat.

A&J boxes work well, but you'll need to tune it on a dyno, to get it right.

Sleeper what kinda tuneing from my understanding as long as the bike was tuned good for the setup i have the A&J box takes care of the rest when i add the nos but i plan to call and talk to him soon about that
Thanks for the advice guys the tail section it goes or i may do a hump bottle for at the track and tail section for the street
biggrin.gif

I never have used 1, but it's my understanding that even tho the bike is tuned on the dyno, the A&J box has to be tuned while spraying, on the dyno too.

Joe will tell you for sure, but that's what I've been told.

If you have access to a dyno, then go for it.

Hey sleeper just curious did you get your bike sold and working on the Vetter or do you still have a busa in the stable? just curious

Yeah, I sold the bike that had the green body on it, MINUS the body. I put pieces together, mostly from my other bike, to get it sold.
I kept the green body, and it's going on the other bike, but yes, I'm concentrating on the Vette for now. As soon as it get's up and running, I will concentrate on the Busa again.
It'll be long, blacked out frame and arm, with the green/black body. Big motor and a bunch of dope!

Back