NOS SWINGARM BOTTLE BRACKET

SANDFLEA85

Registered
To anyone that has a MPS bottle bracket on your swingarm (the one that fits between the rear tire and frame) do you keep a bottle in there when just rideing around town or only when on the track.not so sure that the set screw that secures/tightens the bracket around the bottle wont losen up while rideing thus causing the rear tire to run over the 2# bottle...OUCH!! I will post up a pic of what im asking if nobody is familiar with it,I just put a 6"over thompson racelite swingarm on with a bottle holder and not sure its safe to ride with bottle in all the time,why wouldnt they make a plate or something that the bottle can sit on?

devil why not ask someone to make you a custom plate there are some good metal workers ont the site. ifnot come up with something yourself better suited to holding in place.

devil why not ask someone to make you a custom plae there are some good metal workers ont the site. ifnot come up with something yourself better suited to holding in place.
yeah,maybe,Im guessing the bracket is sufficient otherwise i'd think they would have something else attached to it,but I know MPS produces mainy track/strip application products.but Im sure there is someone that can come up with a plate that could attach where the bracket attaches to the swingarm...i'll post a pic of the bracket in a sec,just have to find it on the mps website and if anyone can make something up,i'd pay ya for it.

Bottle_bracket.jpg

I bought a cheapy bottle bracket from Schnitz and it ended up breaking.  Thank God I noticed it before it completely failed and dumped my bottle into my tire.  

I have access to a full CNC shop, so I made this one.  1" billet aluminum plate - no worries about failure now.

brack18.jpg

I bought a cheapy bottle bracket from Schnitz and it ended up breaking.  Thank God I noticed it before it completely failed and dumped my bottle into my tire.  

I have access to a full CNC shop, so I made this one.  1" billet aluminum plate - no worries about failure now.
When you gonna make my 10??

Thats nice,I like how you left room to tighten,this one here,there is no spare room,its too exact and im thinking over time opening and closing it will become loose

bottle.jpg

Thats nice,I like how you left room to tighten,this one here,there is no spare room,its too exact and im thinking over time opening and closing it will become loose
It wouldn't take much to machine away a little material from the slot that allows the clamp to close around the bottle - that would make it close harder on the bottle. PM me if you want and we can discuss.

PS - great looking bike!
thumb_up.gif

I do sometimes. BUT, I have my NOS line set up to be the limiter. I have it tied off so that just enough line is there to meet the bottle. If the screw would happen to loosen up, the line will not let the bottle fall out.

I do sometimes.  BUT, I have my NOS line set up to be the limiter.  I have it tied off so that just enough line is there to meet the bottle.  If the screw would happen to loosen up, the line will not let the bottle fall out.
That's a good idea.
thumb_up.gif

By mid summer I have to move my bottle back to the hump anyway if I'm riding on the street - pressure goes crazy from the heat.

I do sometimes.  BUT, I have my NOS line set up to be the limiter.  I have it tied off so that just enough line is there to meet the bottle.  If the screw would happen to loosen up, the line will not let the bottle fall out.
thats what I was thinking,just wanted to hear that someone else thinks the same thing.

as for the pressure,i will keep and eye on it,i have a digital pressure gauge on the dash

gauges.jpg

That's a good idea.
thumb_up.gif

By mid summer I have to move my bottle back to the hump anyway if I'm riding on the street - pressure goes crazy from the heat.
Glad I could help. I run a 2.5 bottle so there is only a half inch between my bottle and my tire. I'm 4 inches over. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have any mishaps. Poor boy racing at its best!!
laugh.gif

hey Devil dog, where did you get your guage bracket at?? I was thinking of making one just like that for all my switches and gauges...

And I made my own bottle brkt for the swingarm...and the sides...

img431.jpg

AHAHAAHA...omebody looks like they have a Nos addiction...3 bottles? why not put a 4th under the hump too..haha

looks real good bro

I got the gauge cluster from tiger racing,i had it chromed.

tiger racing... cool, I will call them. Saves me some work...

Devil, this ain't nothin.. only 60-70 hp..... my small block Camaro runs with a 300hp shot of juice!!!

I'm a local nitrous dealer. Anyways, this enables me to carry 5lbs onboard. So if I get stuck in a hotlap situation, I aint skeered!!!

Ya know, I lived up in the burbs over there for 7 yrs back in the mid 80's early 90's...Hatboro, horsham, WillowGrove, SouthHampton, ect... Korman Suites in NE philly for awhile too. I used to hang around Ferracci's shop (in Roslyn)and drool over the superbikes... He built one of my engines for me back in 91. 1249cc's 185rwhp, fastest thing on the street for quite awhile... btw, ATCO raceway rocks!!!

Back