Noob

Radar,

Welcome aboard! I have a VTX in addition to my busa. Personally, I find myself riding the busa more than the X, but I'm still glad I have it when the wife wants to go take a nice long cruise through the countryside for a few hours on a sunday. I don't know if you've been there or not, but the VTX cafe is a great place for VTX related stuff. There and here are frequent hangouts of mine on the internet....it's all the info I'll ever need on either of my scoots.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
newbie.gif
don't know how I missed ya

Welcome! I am a new Busa owner myself and i must say, all the stuff you hear about how great they are, is not an exaggeration. It's hard to believe how much more comfortable it is to ride as opposed to the repli racers.

Well since you are a Master Sergeant, and you are out conducting business, I would guess you are still in the Corps? If so, thanks for being out there "Top".

As for the rest, I owned an 03 VTX for about 2 years (I bought it in 04), before I started riding with a sport bike group. I upgraded to the Hayabusa, because I needed something that would do it all. I needed a long range cruiser, a sporty look, and more speed than I had in my 1800c. I don't really know how I came about the Hayabusa, but I did some research on it after I saw one, and found that a lot of people (particularly Tim "Pashnit") could tour with the Busa. It was actually the Pashnit website that finally convinced me to check them out as a serious alternative.

I bought it and loved it, and neglected the hell out of my VTX which I never rode anymore. I ended up selling it, even though I had full intentions of keeping her (since the X was my first bike).

In regards to VTXOA, that is a really interesting site, and this one is very similar, except for the links you asked for. Hondaline Direct over there was sponsoring the board and was the creator of it. Here Captain made the board and the sponsors found there way here (at least that is how I understand it). Basically, if you want something, just post up and the sponsors usually find you, that's how I bought the ISO grips from Jester (Josh) down here.

Having had the VTX, I personally would never replace the Busa with it, but I am a young guy and that is just who I am right now. I say keep them both, and you will find it clear after a while what the decision should be. What I can assure you is that you will not make a mistake with any of the Hyper-Sports out there (even the Kawasucki is a nice bike, all joking aside). So hop on one and have fun!

(Radar @ Jul. 26 2007,09:21) ...because I am currently out conducting my job but soon to return...

Radar
Killing is our business...

...business is good!

OOOH-RAH

Welcome to the .oRg, Noob.

Busa_Road_Trip_8.jpg

Back