Non Turbo Gen 2 To Go Mild Turbo In The Future Questions .

c10

Registered
So kicking around the idea for a year plus , and searched engine life with out finding a answer for my application .

My application is mostly touring , spend large part of time tooling along on back roads with wife enjoying the ride . But from time to time I have been known to drag the knee , or stand up wheelie general hooligan .
We get into rain on some trips so that could be a issue with a low side mount filter .

Looking for mild power on pump gas only ( no track time ever planed those days are gone ) say 230 to 250 hp is what would be nice for reliable ride anywere in the USA .

I dont mind taking the motor out , and doing stainless valves and turbo pistons if needed to be reliable for touring ( built many motors all NA though )
Or can a HP request like this be done , and say 75,000 mile reliable on stock pistons/Titanium valves , and springs ?

I kicked around 1397 , but most kits are High compression 1 point more than stock , 1441 has more options , but we are talking 200 hp plus or minus a few either way . Turbo gets 230 on 4 lb

Thanks in advance guys

You answered your own question . . . an RCC Stage One turbo installed on the stock motor and tuned properly at 4 pounds of boost will be a very reliable and streetable 220-230 rear wheel, every day bike. Ride it to church, then to the track if you want. It won't make boost until after 5K, so touring is a non-issue. . . an added plus is that the very same kit will go over 400 rear wheel with the proper engine and fuel mods. A lot of people go Stage One first and get a taste, the stock pistons and valves will be fine at 4 pounds. We have our Halloween sale going on, this kit is $250 off, $4200 right now . . .

Air filter on the stage one is under the faring it’s not a shootout filter it’s under the faring zero issues

Just an FYI - I saw issues on a stage 1 pulling oil through the turbo seals with the small filter.
While my case may have been isolated just throwing it out there i HAD to use the large filter.
to the OP if you are going to pull the motor might as well build it to handle more boost. Promise 4lbs wont be enough one you get a taste

Just an FYI - I saw issues on a stage 1 pulling oil through the turbo seals with the small filter.
While my case may have been isolated just throwing it out there i HAD to use the large filter.
to the OP if you are going to pull the motor might as well build it to handle more boost. Promise 4lbs wont be enough one you get a taste

I have no clue what you may have had going on, but keep in mind I have not installed just one kit. I have been installing and tuning turbo kits on bikes for close to forty years, and have been with Richard close to ten. I can't even count how many kits I have installed using the small filter, but I can say this - I have NEVER had the problem you are describing. Whatever it was, it was not attributable to the air filter, that's for sure. I know Halloween is coming up, stop scaring people! :rolleyes:

Back