Non-Busa owner... for now.

Tazmond

Registered
Hello everyone,

Thought I'd intorduce myself after lurking for a bit. First of all I'd like to get one thing out into the open - I do not own a Hayabusa... yet. What I do own is a 2005 VFR800, yes... a Honda. I am planning to graft on the front end off a 2008 hayabusa,and yeah I can already hear the cries of outrage and am prepared for the rally of pitchforks and flaming torches (or boosted, nitro spewing busas :p)

I come here to hope to try tap into the wealth of knowledge here to help me along this silly idea I have in my head. If you're interested I will even post up pictures and all. So if you see any topics posted by me, please be gentle, especially about the interchangability between gen 1 and 2 parts.

Look forward to asking many stupid questions and getting many stupid answers back in return, and hopefully once I get my own rocket either next year or 2017 I will be accepted into this community.

Don't worry about where you are now or where you're headed...I joined in 2003 and I was riding a Harley, and many here have lots of different bikes, have moved away from the Busa because they're tired of waiting for a Gen3 and now own Kawasakis :lol:

Welcome to the oRg, we love pics of projects and don't be afraid to share what you want to do.

Ask away... :)

I Joined about 10 months before I got my Busa, very nice people on here.
Welcome to the org.:thumbsup:

when you say graft the front end...do you mean forks etc or the plastics / headlights as well.
if its just the forks you'd have an easier time using CBR parts as the triple trees should be a closer fits to the VFR

I would have thought a 'Blade front end may have advantages?
Honda to Honda ?

If you do go Busa you want 08 to current NOT the 99 to 07
The later model has real brakes not pretend ones.

B-King front end is VERY similar to a Gen-2 Busa.
Funny shape guard and slightly softer sprung but I'd still
buy one if the price is right. Easily fixable.

Hi all, just the forks/wheel/brakes/triples. Reason I thought hayabusa is people have done RC51 conversion using 929 triples and I wanted something a bit different. I think hte busa front guard would suit the VFR a bit more than the RC51 plus the triples have a tiny bit more offset in them (32mm compared to the cbr929's 30mm) to bring the trail back in a bit more. Looking like the stem might be an issue - its about 6mm too short from my bodgy measurements so I might have to press in the VFR triple.

Back