New busa owner from Cork Ireland

I've never been to Ireland but it does not look that large a country . Are there a lot of decent roads or can you cover them in a week end . Most of my Brit buds head over the channel as the good roads are well known and well covered by cameras

I've never been to Ireland but it does not look that large a country . Are there a lot of decent roads or can you cover them in a week end . Most of my Brit buds head over the channel as the good roads are well known and well covered by cameras
Some nice roads but with speed vans and speed traps it's hard to find a good road to enjoy a busa My favourite place is Italy the roads are unreal some views to be seen in Italy Travelled to Monza and Magello race tracks for Motogp Mr Rossi is like a God in Italy everywhere you turn Rossi yellow is there The atmosphere at both tracks is unbelievable

My Ma is from Northern Ireland, and all her family is still there.
One of my first cousins rides, Euro version of factory street fighter R1 is what he has now, Idk the model name there.
But they say the roads are full of speed traps, and most of the country roads are how I remember them...narrow!
The weather there sucks too, cold and rain is the norm, with a hot day being high 60's.
No thanks.
And for those that don't know, Northern Ireland is a little spec, top center of the country, and under British rule. Ireland is the rest of the country, and on it's own.

My Ma is from Northern Ireland, and all her family is still there.
One of my first cousins rides, Euro version of factory street fighter R1 is what he has now, Idk the model name there.
But they say the roads are full of speed traps, and most of the country roads are how I remember them...narrow!
The weather there sucks too, cold and rain is the norm, with a hot day being high 60's.
No thanks.
And for those that don't know, Northern Ireland is a little spec, top center of the country, and under British rule. Ireland is the rest of the country, and on it's own.
But they have Guinness. And Jameson. And the Ulster Grand Prix.

The
But they have Guinness. And Jameson. And the Ulster Grand Prix.
The Ulster Grand Prix I one race meeting I never miss I've been travelling to it since 1990 The racing is unreal at it one particular year 99 the year Joey Dunlop on a Honda RC 45 won the last superbike race from David Jeffries on a yamaha R1 the crowd went mental roaring and shouting Joey on around the course When he took the top step of the podium the noise was deafing After the race I was at the bottom of the paddock all the team trucks parked in a row the paddock was packed full with people A figure at the top of the paddock as walking down through the crowd it was Joey still clutching his winners trophy and people moving out of his way shaking his hand and clapping him on the back It was like Moses parting the Red Sea I got to shake his hand and get his autograph Joey being Joey was very modest about it he was a quiet man but when he got on any of his Honda's he'd change he would thrash that honda to the limit I travelled to Ballymoney via Dublin to be in the guard of honour for him when he passed away on my first busa thousands of bikes travelled with him from Dublin to Joeys hometown Ballymoney in N ireland All the busas travelled together I counted at least 150 busas travelling in this huge group of bikes behind the hearse It was a time I will never forget

I bet that first was an amazing experience, and the second was a very sobering one. That family are absolute heroes in my opinion.
The whole Family Joey (R I P) Robert(RIP) Micheal and William (R I P) were all hero's Robert making a comeback after the back wheel of his RC 45 disintegrated at over 150 mph at the Isle Of Man TT Races in 94 Micheal winning the 250cc Race the day after his Father Robert died in the first 250cc Race at the North West 200 Joey won well over 20 TT Races and William who died at timing practise at Skerris Road Races this year ALL HEROS GONE BUT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTON

After Joey won that race by beating David Jeffries(R I P) on the Yamaha Honda gave Joey that RC 45 to keep Joey wheeled the bike into his pub (JOEYS BAR) the pub is still open He hung the RC 45 from the ceiling of the pub a friend of mine had his picture taken in the pub with the bike in view in the picture

Back