no offense but

Hi kids!

Yeah it's me.

Thanks for the props early on Pac-a-shaver.

Ron, I'll take ya up on that hotel offer, me & momma'll come out & play for a coupla days.

Personally, all I ever do is 6th gear roll on's.  Never found anyone on the freeway that could hang anyway.

Sticker,
Loved the grammer/punctuation lessons

Rev,
knuckle draggin, low watt light bulb was great!

Splashing around in the shallow end of the gene pool...

can I borrow that one?

Hey,  Ya'll have a great day!
Mikey -

I met you (and I think your wife briefly
smile.gif
)

You and the wife are welcome to stay at my house (have to check with my wife first, but shouldnt be a problem)

You allways got a place to stay if you are in the area.  
wink.gif
Thanks Ron!

Momma & I are gonna make it out to good 'ol Cali-forn-I-A one of deez days to see her family.  I'll make it my business to stop by.
beerchug.gif
Make sure you do Mikey..

You can show me some welding tricks, and I will show you some sick ass roads
wink.gif

BTW, whatever happened to Fast in Phoenix?

I havent heard anything from him, didnt he have an accident awhile back?

wink.gif

Hi kids!

Yeah it's me.

Thanks for the props early on Pac-a-shaver.

Ron, I'll take ya up on that hotel offer, me & momma'll come out & play for a coupla days.

Personally, all I ever do is 6th gear roll on's.  Never found anyone on the freeway that could hang anyway.

Sticker,
Loved the grammer/punctuation lessons

Rev,
knuckle draggin, low watt light bulb was great!

Splashing around in the shallow end of the gene pool...

can I borrow that one?

Hey,  Ya'll have a great day!
Mikey -

I met you (and I think your wife briefly
smile.gif
)

You and the wife are welcome to stay at my house (have to check with my wife first, but shouldnt be a problem)

You allways got a place to stay if you are in the area.  
wink.gif
Thanks Ron!

Momma & I are gonna make it out to good 'ol Cali-forn-I-A one of deez days to see her family.  I'll make it my business to stop by.
beerchug.gif
Make sure you do Mikey..

You can show me some welding tricks, and I will show you some sick ass roads  
wink.gif

BTW, whatever happened to Fast in Phoenix?

I havent heard anything from him, didnt he have an accident awhile back?
Ed is still out there. He fixed up his ride (Looks awesome BTW!) but I havent ridden with him in a while.

Here's a link to his restored thread.

wink.gif

I suppose now is a hell of a time to mention that just about every magazine on the planet uses the "Top GEAR ROLL-ON" as a decent measure of a bikes midrange and relative Grunt...  And guess what Buttercups...  They start them at 60MPH-80MPH Usually...  

Now aint that a Bitch?

Basically Dr1300R Was performing a Test he has read about and witnessed being used as a benchmarking tool for Years...  

Pisser Huh?  No who's the Smuck?
yea thats it a test yea a test
laugh.gif

Dr, I CAN'T BELEEEVE you rolled on at 60 in 6th. Who here does that? MAN! I suppose you still use your kickstand too! The busa is designed to be ridden, not stopped. You should never stop, and never need to use your kickstand. pfffft! poser! smuk!
It was all in FUN just to see what would happen. We all know including my partners what would happen in an all out race thats why it has never happened. And no I don't use my sidestand, I have a pit stand.
laugh.gif
Oh and by the way thanks for all the cool nicknames.
cool.gif
laugh.gif
dr1300r, I was so totally kidding and being sarcastic back there. just so you know. i shoulda put a little winkie after it
smile.gif

laugh.gif

Dr, I CAN'T BELEEEVE you rolled on at 60 in 6th.  Who here does that?  MAN!  I suppose you still use your kickstand too!  The busa is designed to be ridden, not stopped.  You should never stop, and never need to use your kickstand.   pfffft!   poser!  smuk!
It was all in FUN just to see what would happen. We all know including my partners what would happen in an all out race thats why it has never happened. And no I don't use my sidestand, I have a pit stand.
laugh.gif
Oh and by the way thanks for all the cool nicknames.
cool.gif

laugh.gif
dr1300r, I was so totally kidding and being sarcastic back there.  just so you know.  i shoulda put a little winkie after it  
smile.gif
No problem.
wink.gif

laugh.gif

Besides... Ninja Is allways busy playing all nice and polite like...
That is so true. One of these days he is gonna snap.

It's been a long time since I have been here. So much going on in life. Wife, house, job....etc. Doesn't leave much time for riding and far less for the board. Kinda weird when you see a whole new crop here.

However, and no disrespect intended in anyway but I kind of stopped being impressed when you said you guys pretty much have long sweepers out there and you take turns at 140 to 150 if no one is around.

That doesn’t impress me.

Serious offer, wont think nothing negative if you guys say no because like I said, logistically speaking, distance, families, work, etc.. just not easy for anyone to just take off like that. But the offer is sincere.

Ron
OK, so let me be more specific. (Man, 3 days away and it has 2 more pages)

Our roads from what I have been told are exactly like CA. You have the Rockies and we have the Apps. Ours just don't change elevation as quickly as yours. So the sweepers are only highway, 150 in the corners and 185 in the straights. Swiping cars depends on the mood and aggression level.

Backroads can be pretty sick. Deers aplenty at dusk, almost hit one Thurs nite at 110 full lean. Almost took out a coyote last summer at 165+. So I know exactly what you mean . I ride this bike and scrap pegs, blah...blah. I am not going to drivel on.

I think if you can really ride and push this bike hard and keep doing it without crashing than you require some skill.

So to answer the question of riding in CA. I would love to. We have seen NickSlick's vid's from SH.org and I was trying to convince Rob to go to Vegas for one the Busa meets, he won't go. Not enough vacation time, LOSER!

CA is a 3 day, 3000 mile drive for me. Right now I don't have the vaca time. You are more than welcome to come here, but it is already starting to get cold. We ride down to 45F and then it gets bad. Frozen fingers, etc... If you think you can handle it you can stay here, even my garage is heated.

That goes for anyone on the board. You guys are more than welcome here for a weekend or so. Just bring the attitude and skill, cause I am not waiting for anybody because they don't want to ride hard, but I don't expect them to know the roads

Dave
Cell 617-448-6006

Yeah I know, distance sucks, there are lot of people on this board I would like to ride with, but a lot of them are like you, 3000 miles away, just not in the cards for most people to drop everything.

You and rob should try to make plans to come out for Laguna Seca next year.... around June time frame..

Ride safe...

skill and luck are VERY different. I take it to the track because I don't care for gambling.. or tickets... or deer. I've done both and track is more fun overall anyway

This thread almost fell off the first page. Can't let that happen.
bump.gif

jump9.gif

Back