No new busa for 07

Why would they change it?

Dealers are struggling to keep Hayabusas on the showroom floor...they are gone before they can de-crate them! I went to a showroom a week ago to see 7 Hayabusas all being prepped up. 4 were pre-booked and 2 were sold. I went back today and only 1 was still there and there were like 4 different customers hovering around it.

The ZX-14 was standing RIGHT there...but I guess the legend still has what it takes to woo the customers. I spoke to one of them who seemed to know what he was doing because he rode in on a Gixxer and he said that the appeal of the Hayabusa was simply it's pedigree, technical depth...if not technical advancements, aftermarket support and solid reliability.

I am inclined to agree with him and I adopted the word "pedigree" from him. It is like driving a Caterham 7...which is essentially a Lotus 7 that has not been changed in almost 50 years. It is still one of the fastest cars money can buy (around the track) and I dont see it changing for EVER!

+1
I talked to my local dealer and he pretty much said the same thing. He is a Suzuki & Kawasaki dealer and Busa's sell 25 to 1 better than the kaw's. He expects the 14 to do a little better but the Busa will still out sell it.

lurk.gif

drink.gif

Why would they change it?

Dealers are struggling to keep Hayabusas on the showroom floor...they are gone before they can de-crate them! I went to a showroom a week ago to see 7 Hayabusas all being prepped up. 4 were pre-booked and 2 were sold. I went back today and only 1 was still there and there were like 4 different customers hovering around it.

The ZX-14 was standing RIGHT there...but I guess the legend still has what it takes to woo the customers. I spoke to one of them who seemed to know what he was doing because he rode in on a Gixxer and he said that the appeal of the Hayabusa was simply it's pedigree, technical depth...if not technical advancements, aftermarket support and solid reliability.

I am inclined to agree with him and I adopted the word "pedigree" from him. It is like driving a Caterham 7...which is essentially a Lotus 7 that has not been changed in almost 50 years. It is still one of the fastest cars money can buy (around the track) and I dont see it changing for EVER!
+1

I dont care if theres no new Busa till 2010-I bought my Busa outright, cash-money out the door (nobody will insure me, so no other way) and although my list of toys is already substantial, I have a longer list in the works. It will take me at least 2 more years before I feel my bike is "complete" n just how I want it-hopefully by then I will be able to extract 100% from the bike's abilities...two years in, many other bikes/riders have been pi$$d on tryin to outrun me, but I still feel unable to truly contol this beast. Mite take MSF refresher next year n throw in sum track days, work permitting.
The Busa is still pretty, still among the fastest bikes you can buy with two decent-sized seats, and still has tons of aftermarket support so we can build our dream-bike one part at a time. If the bike never changes, I wont care- I wanted one in '99, n now i got one, so thats good enuf for me.

When you say it aint broke it is really broke they need to offer something to the loyal Zuki customers out there. I dont think a few more poneys and shave some weight off is a radical new idea. But I guess as long as we buy them we are our own worst enemy. I wont buy a new bike till something comes along I like but I cant say I would trade my 2000 for a 07 with no real changes except color. I bought the Busa when my GSXR1100 got stomped by a 1000 I am not looking to race every day but I would hope I can keep up.

It doesnt make ANY difference for 90% of us riders.

* How many of you end up drag-racing on a regular basis?
* How many of you race at track-days on a regular basis?
* How many of you explout the current production Busa 100% to the point where your "skillz" demand more performance
* How many of you who slap on aftermarket performance parts actually need them...like the stock Busa is so easy to master and control...

All these newer and faster bikes are like eating vanilla ice-cream with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream on top.

I dont think anyone who owns a bike from the last 5 years has to worry about newer bikes...develop your skills to the point where you really need a better bike. Dont ride to brag...ride to drag (your knees)...

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>+1 Nicely said!!!! <span style='color:firebrick'></span></span>

<!--EDIT|Pop
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149106886 -->

Well I have to say I bought the Busa cause it was fast I loved the colors the looks and the comfotable ride. But next year when I am looking for a bike I am not all that loyal to Zuki. If the Kawi rides as good and goes as fast and gets better looking I wold look at one of them or a Honda. I for one may not ride to 100% of racing level but it would be nice to have something state of the art. 8 years old is not state of the anything. I love the bike dont get me wrong, I just cant believe how quickly Zuki has forgotten about there big boy. I ran a bunch of bike this weekend at was pretty disappointed with its performance. One was a Kawi 636 or whatever they are calling there 600 now. He had a pipe and a PC thats it. He was beside me to about 130 MPH in a roll on, pick any gear. My buddy has a punched out 1100 GSXR 95 bored out ported 140 HP and he was right beside me to 160 MPH till he hit redline. I shouldnt have to gear my bike down to beat these guys. End of story when you want to walk a 600 750 or 1000 it shouldnt be a close race and you shouldnt have to Turbo or Nitrous to stay in front. Zuki pay attention. Shave 50 pounds off and add 15HP your losing customers.
If your into always owning the fastest...do what the other guys do, either pump up your Busa or buy a ZX-14 this year...then an 08 Busa...then whatever comes next, and next, and next. The Busa is one damn fast bike....I haven't had a bike pull me yet....hell I run away from my buds 95 modded and geared to the max 1100, and thats with my wife on the back. The bikes now are fast enough that having more power is kinda a moot point in the real world. Not too many places you can twist the throttle on 160 rwhp safely without getting a huge ticket or getting hurt.

Well I have to say I bought the Busa cause it was fast I loved the colors the looks and the comfotable ride. But next year when I am looking for a bike I am not all that loyal to Zuki. If the Kawi rides as good and goes as fast and gets better looking I wold look at one of them or a Honda. I for one may not ride to 100% of racing level but it would be nice to have something state of the art. 8 years old is not state of the anything. I love the bike dont get me wrong, I just cant believe how quickly Zuki has forgotten about there big boy. I ran a bunch of bike this weekend at was pretty disappointed with its performance. One was a Kawi 636 or whatever they are calling there 600 now. He had a pipe and a PC thats it. He was beside me to about 130 MPH in a roll on, pick any gear. My buddy has a punched out 1100 GSXR 95 bored out ported 140 HP and he was right beside me to 160 MPH till he hit redline. I shouldnt have to gear my bike down to beat these guys. End of story when you want to walk a 600 750 or 1000 it shouldnt be a close race and you shouldnt have to Turbo or Nitrous to stay in front. Zuki pay attention. Shave 50 pounds off and add 15HP your losing customers.
If your into always owning the fastest...do what the other guys do, either pump up your Busa or buy a ZX-14 this year...then an 08 Busa...then whatever comes next, and next, and next. The Busa is one damn fast bike....I haven't had a bike pull me yet....hell I run away from my buds 95 modded and geared to the max 1100, and thats with my wife on the back. The bikes now are fast enough that having more power is kinda a moot point in the real world. Not too many places you can twist the throttle on 160 rwhp safely without getting a huge ticket or getting hurt.
+1 Well said!

Not to mention, the Busa is such a strong, well thought out design throughout...that's why it's lasted virtually unchanged for 7 years. [/QUOTE]

Why is everyone ALWAYS one year behind on how long the Busa has been around?

I count 8 years!
biggrin.gif

I am not trying to be argumentitive but I drag once in a while but (not what I bought the busa for). I have only been to one track day (not what I bought the busa for). As far as my skillz I would say barely above an average rider just alot of miles under my belt and sftermarket parts well you need the PC to work with the exhaust you put on. Personally I dont like the twin pipes just my opinion I wanted a 4-2-1 for the beautiful sound as much as the looks. The BMC filter and small airbox mods where easy cheap 1-2 HP. I know it falls on deaf ears sometimes and there is not much you can do about it cause we dont own Suzuki but after 8 years of bragging the bike up and all that you would thinkl they would throw us a bone. I am a bog guy 6 foot 4 265 Lbs and that is hurting me when I try and roll on with my other friends bikes but this past weekend I had a 636 Kawi not even by 3 bike lengths all the way to 150. He was running out of steam then but I thought 1300 should walk away like he is tied down. My buddies 1100 ported bored to bigest Suziki piston 1mm over I think 142RWHP stays right beside me to his rev limiter 160 or so. I am going to try going down 1 tooth and up 3 in the rear. My excuse was I was pulling so much gear because it was stock gearing. I guess I was just disappointed to have a 636 that close. Plus I have been pulled by a couple of R-1s. Maybe I need some Dyno time and remap the PC?
rock.gif
Seems like the litre bikes can get me atleast the newer ones. Its not so much drag racing as much as it is real world pull up beside a guy take whatever gear you want and punch it racing.

Sounds like its time to call Carpenter racing and get a 1397 with some of their head work. No bottles to fill, no turbos to wait for or to fail for one reson or another. Just a big healthy lump willing to tear the limbs off anything you might encounter. That ought to tide you over for a little while.

I'm happy with my busa's power but I want one that weighs at least 50 lbs less. I was hoping 2006 would bring new busa then they said 2007. Come next spring I will have a bike that is lighter and handles better. I might go 1000 but I really need a bike that can ride 2 comfortably. I guess I want it all lighter, better handling, and more power!

Back