No new busa for 07

love that beating of the emoticons on the dead horse... oh dayum, I'm way of subject...

Ultimately, who cares, I mean really, we obviously like/love the way the busa looks so as long as technology and HP advances/increases isn't that what matters most??? JMO

Ok, who wants to buy an Orange pearl Busa? I need an 07'
laugh.gif

I'll just wait and see what Suzuki puts in the showroom, not going to get excited or depressed over the rumormill. I will say I like the Busa body the way it is, could use a tweek here or there but ultimately ponies under the belly is what counts...

It doesnt make ANY difference for 90% of us riders.

* How many of you end up drag-racing on a regular basis?
* How many of you race at track-days on a regular basis?
* How many of you explout the current production Busa 100% to the point where your "skillz" demand more performance
* How many of you who slap on aftermarket performance parts actually need them...like the stock Busa is so easy to master and control...

All these newer and faster bikes are like eating vanilla ice-cream with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream on top.

I dont think anyone who owns a bike from the last 5 years has to worry about newer bikes...develop your skills to the point where you really need a better bike. Dont ride to brag...ride to drag (your knees)...

I can't see it makes alot of anything. I've been having enough trouble getting anyone to go for a ride lately. I waited 'til 11:30 Sun.nite for some "Big Guns" to show up @ D. Donuts. !st thing they said, "was the fastest bike to bad they don't do the corners a little better". I told them I'd try to keep up. After about a 30min. ride where I had to keep slowly up to keep them in sight down a couple of local twisties , this is @ nite so I wasn't pushing, they said they had to go back. Then him and his buddies where checking the front & rear tire, then it was "we think we might just hang here for awhile. So I took a walk over & looked @ their tires & what a surprise, about 1" of virgin rubber on both sides. If they make the Busa the fastest again I would never find anyone to ride with. Oh well, there's always the fall bash!

It doesnt make ANY difference for 90% of us riders.

* How many of you end up drag-racing on a regular basis?
* How many of you race at track-days on a regular basis?
* How many of you explout the current production Busa 100% to the point where your "skillz" demand more performance
* How many of you who slap on aftermarket performance parts actually need them...like the stock Busa is so easy to master and control...

All these newer and faster bikes are like eating vanilla ice-cream with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream on top.

I dont think anyone who owns a bike from the last 5 years has to worry about newer bikes...develop your skills to the point where you really need a better bike. Dont ride to brag...ride to drag (your knees)...
+1

I love the busa and I certainly can't push it's potnetial now.

Like some recent articles I was reading regarding bike comparisons...they're all so close anyway, it actually comes down to riding what you like and even just looks.

I'm infatuated with the way the busa looks as is. To the point of I rushed out and got an '06 cause I may not like the changes as much as current style...I do not the little can mufflers on the current gsxrs, for example.

Not to mention, the Busa is such a strong, well thought out design throughout...that's why it's lasted virtually unchanged for 7 years.

It's just a great looking kick ass motorcycle. Something comes along that's an 'nth degree quicker...so be it. The Busa is still a Busa.

Well crap I might as well just get a Triumph 675 and turbocharge it then. Sounds like it would still have more midrange than that steaming pile form Kawi.

Well I have to say I bought the Busa cause it was fast I loved the colors the looks and the comfotable ride. But next year when I am looking for a bike I am not all that loyal to Zuki. If the Kawi rides as good and goes as fast and gets better looking I wold look at one of them or a Honda. I for one may not ride to 100% of racing level but it would be nice to have something state of the art. 8 years old is not state of the anything. I love the bike dont get me wrong, I just cant believe how quickly Zuki has forgotten about there big boy. I ran a bunch of bike this weekend at was pretty disappointed with its performance. One was a Kawi 636 or whatever they are calling there 600 now. He had a pipe and a PC thats it. He was beside me to about 130 MPH in a roll on, pick any gear. My buddy has a punched out 1100 GSXR 95 bored out ported 140 HP and he was right beside me to 160 MPH till he hit redline. I shouldnt have to gear my bike down to beat these guys. End of story when you want to walk a 600 750 or 1000 it shouldnt be a close race and you shouldnt have to Turbo or Nitrous to stay in front. Zuki pay attention. Shave 50 pounds off and add 15HP your losing customers.

No sweat, personally I wasn't planning on making the purchase anytime soon. It would have however, been good to see the 14/busa challenge revamped.

That would be about the right time for me. I too don't ride the full potential but I liked knowing I had the fastest production bike ever made and getting the looks from people knowing what it was. That 05 was the most fun bike I've ever had, I sure do miss it.

After reading this topic , i phoned the Suzuki Motorcycles official dealer here , he told me that they got a fax from Suzuki about a week ago , sayin that , no change in 2007 . Strange ...

Why would they change it?

Dealers are struggling to keep Hayabusas on the showroom floor...they are gone before they can de-crate them! I went to a showroom a week ago to see 7 Hayabusas all being prepped up. 4 were pre-booked and 2 were sold. I went back today and only 1 was still there and there were like 4 different customers hovering around it.

The ZX-14 was standing RIGHT there...but I guess the legend still has what it takes to woo the customers. I spoke to one of them who seemed to know what he was doing because he rode in on a Gixxer and he said that the appeal of the Hayabusa was simply it's pedigree, technical depth...if not technical advancements, aftermarket support and solid reliability.

I am inclined to agree with him and I adopted the word "pedigree" from him. It is like driving a Caterham 7...which is essentially a Lotus 7 that has not been changed in almost 50 years. It is still one of the fastest cars money can buy (around the track) and I dont see it changing for EVER!

We shall see,but I'm in agreement,why fix it if its not broken?
smile.gif
+1
It was alittle late last nite, I guess what I was trying to say is that even if it's not the big boy anymore(?), for me it fills the bill. A smooth bike to ride, comfortable compared to the others I've had. Handles well enough to be fun & still poke it to the others who think it is just a drag bike. GREAT for touring & 2-up. Sometimes I think the "title" hurt it. We've hooked up with some guys in Bar Harbor to go for a ride in the park, they see what we ride and go "we're fu**ed". Even if you tell them we're just going for a cruise they won't bite "naw". Even though I just found another toy for track day I'll still keep the Busa. I think it is a great bike with or w/o the increase to the stock H.P. plus I'ld rather tweak somemore it and let people think it is an "old" slow one so I get that "holy $hit" look

Back