No More Busa! Hello 2014 BMW HP4 World

Congrats on the new ride! How long have you been back in the P'cola area?

I've been back for a little over a year now. Sorry for the delay in answering! working, riding, shopping and planning track days takes up a lot of time. HAHAHA

Nice bike! Glad it's chain drive. I like BMW's, especially the old airheads. But, my previous rider was a BMW R1100S shaft drive. I loved that bike but...three summers in a row the final drive caused problems just before Sturgis. Sold, bought the Hayabusa and never looked back.

Enjoy the bike. Believe it or not, all of the people that I spoke to here in Germany said that they don't like the BMW. This is totally different from those that drive cars. They are faithful to strictly drive European cars. I just say, enjoy anything on 2 wheels that others would consider a beast.

Oh, I really don't like you now...... :)

Are you going to come back to Barber this spring for a trackday?

Undeniably a beautiful machine for sure. Hate to see another busa owner gone but I understand why you sold it. Hp4 is a rock solid track machine from what I've read. Congrats!

Oh, I really don't like you now...... :) Are you going to come back to Barber this spring for a trackday?

I sure am! I will be at the superbike school in May doing Level 4 I'm told by the school. Guess I will be working my butt off for that one. Hehehehe I am looking forward to it!!

Very nice BJ!! Congrats and I look forward to hearing your experiences both on and off the track on your new toy!! :thumbsup:

check out
S1000rrforum.com

lots of good info added your Hp to the owners listings.

Comparison of my Busa vs my S1k

S1rr pros:
so light, flickable, precise; serious joy to ride
3 yr warranty
electronic goodies

Busa pros:
more reliable (S1k handle bar switches are junk- would not start twice - once at track)
better for big guys
more aftermarket (and used) parts
better for touring
forum is more fun
wife will ride on Busa (not sure which one to put this under):laugh:

P.S. Be greatful you got one. My local dealer tells me they are on a waiting list (i.e., jacking up the price)....

Congrats on the hp4!

I'll have another s1krr some day.

Back