No More Busa! Hello 2014 BMW HP4 World

busagirl4444

HyperActive
Donating Member
Registered
:cheerleader: So, I decided to trade in my 2008 hayabusa with 15,842 miles on it (which I put 98% on) for the 2014 BMW HP4. Let me tell you that I simply love the HP4. I will still be around, I may someday have another busa. I had a great time with the GEN I that I had and my GEN II wasn't all that bad. I'm moving on to another awesome piece of machinery, hell it almost rides itself and I can't believe the ease of every motion and it's weight is remarkable. I love it! I have had the track day scheduled since before getting it. Let's just hope that my suit shows up on time. I am loosing faith in that process at the moment. It was amazing un-crating it. I rode it to work and believe it or not it started sleeting in Florida on the way home. Then I rode it for a lunch run and hit the Alabama border to freezing cold wind and weather. This bike handled absolutely flawless. Looking forward to taking the HP4 up the dragon in April and hoping to hit up some of the other area roads while were there. BMW is also having a weekend event there at the same time, so I won't have to get on your nerves to much. HAHAHA Enjoy life while you can. See you all on the track or bashes/events. Hugs :cheerleader:

IMG_1486 copy.jpg

IMG_1489 copy.jpg

IMG_1454 copy.jpg

IMG_1482 copy.jpg

IMG_1464 copy.jpg

IMG_1454 copy.jpg

IMG_1489 copy.jpg

IMG_1486 copy.jpg

IMG_1482 copy.jpg

IMG_1464 copy.jpg

HP4! Wow!! I just got a 2014 S1000rr after much research. What made you pick the HP over the S1000rr? Congrats on the new bike.

That is one sweet bike.

With all those sweet goodies on it and the 110lb wieght reduction you will be a track star.

HP4! Wow!! I just got a 2014 S1000rr after much research. What made you pick the HP over the S1000rr? Congrats on the new bike.
I had the 2011 s1000rr and loved it. Our local shop offered me the opportunity to get the hp4 and, while I didn't think I was ready for it, went ahead and got it anyway. The shop is excited as much as I am, it almost rides itself seriously. The difference is weight and handling, if you can dial in the s1000 you are golden I promise. I am not the expert by no means, it sure feels like a professional bike though!!

Busagirl,

Nice choice. I had a 1200Gs and BMW quality on the HP4 is something nice. Enjoy the ride.

The electronic package on the bike is so far ahead of Suzuki it is not funny. The DCC is only about 20 years ahead of Zuki.

Dynamic Damping Control was adapted from electronic damping systems used on BMW’s high-end automobiles and adjusts the suspension for the rider with electromagnetic valves in the front fork and rear shock. These valves can open or close 100 times per second, producing damping which can deliver the optimum response, and thus keep the tire's contact patch as large as possible, over any bump, big or small. The sensing is done via both a throttle-position sensor and a spring-travel sensor on the rear shock which indicate to the DDC control unit if the motorcycle is accelerating or braking, and the control unit continuously samples lean angle data from the traction control sensor to ascertain whether the motorcycle is entering or leaving a turn. In short, the 2013 BMW HP4 has been designed to know where it is and where it is going at any given time and set its suspension accordingly; then it does it again, 100 times per second.

Read more: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/2013/bmw/hp4/05/#ixzz2sDEDKSo7

busaBIM

Congrats on the new ride! How long have you been back in the P'cola area?

Back