Nitrous help?

alexis2400

Registered
Hi everyone:
First I have to tell you people I made the mistake of jumping to the other side, had a Busa and changed it for a GSXR1000,  my Busa was quicker, but I love the way the 1000 handles (it made 151.2 in the dyno with a header, air filter 16 43 gearing and a yoshi map), so now I have to make it a little faster, I bought a small dry system with a 1.25pound bottle and will install it this weekend.
Here are a few questions for people with experience on nitrous systems (remember this is also a 1000 not 1300)?
1. I have two 12.5h jets, do you think 25 is ok, too much or too little?
2. How much time on the power for the 1.25 bottle?
3. Any suggestions on mouting the kit, jets, etc.
Thanks for the Info
Alexis Lamadriz
San Juan PR

Don't have a NOS kit yet, but doing a lot of research lately to get one... Here is what I know.

1.25 Bottle will last probably less then 30 seconds wide open. (Go 2lb and you will get almost a minute.)
You can go with a Schnitzracing.com dry NOS kit for $380. That will include everything up to 50 shot jets.
From all the research I have done, you should be able to do a 40-60 shot on a stock engine. 25 should be fine. Just make sure you enrich your fuel/air mixture to compensate for the NOS. If you run her too lean will firing NOS, say bye bye engine. You can also get a NOS cutoff for hitting the revlimiter. I am going to do this for sure. If you hit the rev limiter and the bike cuts the gas, but the NOS is still going, you will go WAY lean.

Thanks cloud, I am going to buy another bottle a 2pd or a 2.5 pd I think it will fit under the seat. I have not yet instaled mine but you can make your own system for about $250, here is what I have spent for the whole kit:
$108 1.25pd bottle in Ebay
$79 purge system (included a powershot selenoid plus a couple of extra fittings)
$65 for 2 jets (12.5hp each), a 4 feet nos line, 2 foggers, 5' aluminum line, on/off switch and the other fittings needed plus 1.35 pounds of nitrous (it took a little more than 1.25pd)
I am going to put the foggers before the airbox so when the airbox sensor is hit by the nitrous it will compenste with more gas.
As soon as the kit is on I will take the bike to the dyno to see how it runs (lean or ok) and I will post back.
Thanks
Alexis

Damn! Let me know how it works out. If I can piece one together for 250, that is the route I am going.
biggrin.gif

Don't foget to let me know how it goes. If it goes well, I am going to do the same.

gotta better shot of that pic? maybe a little more flash
wink.gif

Back