dry nitrous

tommyB

Registered
How bad is dry nos for a busa engine. I know it can add 40 hp, but what about ur manifold. My friend has a dry nitrous system and he uped it to 200 hp. How much is it for one of these systems.

If set up right, it is safe as basic mods to your engine. In some cases a little safer. You can find used units for a couple of hundred complete. New average $600.00 bottles system complete.

Hi all, first post. 10 year rider, current SV owner, Eye'n a busa.

As with most any engine mod, used sparingly the additional wear on the motor is negligable (sp?).   But +40hp is about as far as I'd push a stock engine on juice.  Advertisements say 40% can be done on a stock motor, but if I'm going to loose on a Nitrous-Fed, 190hp Busa, that extra 20HP probably isn't going to help.

If you're looking to get that extra power, I'd suggest looking into a progressive controller kit.  They use two sets of jets & and RPM controller.  The first 30HP comes on at about 6000 rpm, the second jets, adding an additional 30 HP (for 40% total gain) come on at about 10,000.  This is seriously pushing it, and recommended for top gear only. :0

-Noltez
Silver '02 SVS; damn near stock.

PS:  Dry nitrous has no effect on the intake manifold, other than chilling it slightly.

Ehhhhh, just spray and pray! :D

nos_avatar.gif

Back