Nitrous Advice

jshtriumph

Registered
I am new to the Org. but have had a couple Busas over the years. I currently have an 08 with a Brock StreetMeg, PCIII bith a Brock's StreetMap, Pipercross filter, XTRE, dropped and stretched 7". I am looking for anyone who has some experience with th eNitrous system I recently installed. I have a DynoTune single bottle set up. I have two nozzles fogging the airbox, one directly across the air temp. sensor. I conected the system using an arming switch and a digital TPS activation box which I currently have programmed yp turn on at WOT. I live in Northwest PA and I put the system on 3months ago and figured I would have time to test run it and get it on the Dyno for some tuning before Bike Week and the weather has not cooperated at all so it won't be getting tuned. I have done dry runns without the motor on and all the systems work as they should and the nitrous sprays only at WOT, but my concern is leanness. I have spoken to Dyno tune and they insist that a 30 shot(about 25hp) is not too much, particularly the way I set up my fogger nozzles, but I don't trust them. I will probably not race the bike in at the grudge matches in Daytona due to the lack of tuning, but I ride very hard and do want to spray it on the street. I have added some fuel via my PC in the upper 1/3 just to be on the safe side. Any input would be greatly appreciated, I have raced and ridden bikes for 25 years but this is my first attempt at a Dry System and I don't want to grenade my favorite bike. Thanks

When you say you added fuel, did you do it with the buttons? If you add 10-15% via the map in the 100% throttle cells across the board you should be okay. It will run like :moon: off the bottle, but you should be okay spraying.

Made hundreds of passes on the bottle with the same setup and didn't even have a power commander. My understanding was that with the minimal amount of a shot the computer is compensating the fuel increase because of the lower temperature of the incoming air. I realize my explanation isn't scientific or even specific but it worked and when the plugs were pulled they looked good. Take it out spray for a couple seconds and shut it down, pull a plug and take a look.

What blake is describing will work, but you are just asking for trouble.

Get the bike tuned with a seperate map for the power commander or better yet, have the ecu reflashed and do it that way. Then you ride oround on a normal map, and only get the richened up map when spraying. Much cheaper than a PCIII and hub setup

After thinking about it longer I remember that my bike had a new map from a Power commander installed on it. I didn't own a PC but it had been remapped for the mods and spray. I didn't think I was doing things half ass.???

After thinking about it longer I remember that my bike had a new map from a Power commander installed on it. I didn't own a PC but it had been remapped for the mods and spray. I didn't think I was doing things half ass.???

How was it "remapped" if it didn't have any sort of pc module? There is nothing to store the info, unless ecu was flashed.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was planning on taking my bike down to Brock Davison to have i tuned but the weather has not cooperated so I will do it in the spring. I was just worried about spraying it at Bike Week. It will be on the street, not the track. DynoTune swears up and down that the air temp sensor will supply enough fuel, but I am not sure.

So I can "Flas" my Brock's map onto my ECU and have a nitrous map on my PCIII??

I guess one could have the ecu flashed and run a pcIII, but why. If you are having someone flash the ecu, you may as well have them flash it for everything. Only makes sense, and its way cheaper than having a pcIII also. If I were you, I would sell the PCIII and just go the flash route. Trust me, live and learn. I have 2 PCIII's and ignition module, and all was a waste of money NOW SSINCE THE FLASHING for Gen I and II are out. If I had it to do over again, I would go with flash all the way..

I was planning on taking my bike down to Brock Davison to have i tuned but the weather has not cooperated so I will do it in the spring. I was just worried about spraying it at Bike Week. It will be on the street, not the track. DynoTune swears up and down that the air temp sensor will supply enough fuel, but I am not sure.

NOT WITH PCIII it will not. The PC is running it at this point, if you were to take it off, then possibly. I am no motor head, so PLEASE DO NOT take my advice, just stating my unskilled opinion.

Check your PM'S
Contact Greg at GPW, he is excellent and will be able to help you out tremendously!

Last edited:
I already have the PCIII with Brock's street map and have run it for 15K miles, since the bike was new. It runs awesome, I turn 9.7 at 153 on an unprepped track with 32psi in the tire. I couldn't be happier with the bike, I just added the dry spray kit and don't want to grenade the motor at Daytona. My ??? is if the air temp sensor will compensate for the nitrous.? And if I add a little fuel via the PCIII buttons on the upper third RPM range if that will help. I probably won't run the bike above 8 grand if I am not spraying it so I don't think this will hurt my ridability.

Air temp sensor may compensate, but I wouldn't take the chance. Open the map up on your computer and add 12% to the 100% throttle cells. Save the map with a different name than the brock's map that's in it now. Load your new map and spray it. The tune will not be optimal, and it will run rich off the bottle, but it will get you by until you get a permanent solution. Too much fuel will make your exhaust dirty, not enough will ventilate your pistons. Which would you prefer?

The more I think about it I am getting a little spooked. Think I am going to put in the smallest jet I have which is a 15hp jet and add 8% of fuel on the 100% throttle setting via my PCIII. I know it is a small amount of spray, but it should keep my motor safe while ading a little fun. And the bike wasn't exactly slow before.

The more I think about it I am getting a little spooked. Think I am going to put in the smallest jet I have which is a 15hp jet and add 8% of fuel on the 100% throttle setting via my PCIII. I know it is a small amount of spray, but it should keep my motor safe while ading a little fun. And the bike wasn't exactly slow before.
I'm not an expert, but that seems a safe way to go. Once you get it mapped you will be able to spray it harder.......

I am no expert he(( or even very knowledgable for that matter of fact.
Actually have heard people recommending this and the going up from there, smart choice.

Back