looking for nitrous advice on Gen ll

Hayabusa4life

I said Good Day!
Donating Member
Registered
Hello everyone,
I'm thinking about going nitrous on my gen ll with maybe an air shifter also. Whats a good setup? Anyone done engine work with the setup? I heard the valves are weak on the Gen ll and wont be able to handle too much no2. I'll be using it for LSR events and drag racing. Thanks in advance.

I forgot to mention, I'm running a Brock's short Meg exhaust, bmc air filter, pcv and the ecu its flashed.

You want 2 get a hold of Gixx1300R he'll be able 2 hook you up with any and all things Nitrous:beerchug:

Can't go a whole lot the pistons in the gen2 don't like a lot of nos!! Lol ask me how I know!! Haha
Make sure on the shifter you use a next-up kill box. The gen2s like to spit valve keepers to.

Can't go a whole lot the pistons in the gen2 don't like a lot of nos!! Lol ask me how I know!! Haha
Make sure on the shifter you use a next-up kill box. The gen2s like to spit valve keepers to.

How much were you spraying?

With a stock Gen 2 Busa around a 40 shot is what you can spray safely. With the 1 mile run you will have to calculate time vs distance= botle size.

Due to my limited knowledge of nitrous, running the juice in the mile is a tricky affair. A Gen 2 will hold a 40 shot with little to no issues in the 1/4 mile. But the mile requires a different setups. I recommend you progress your nitrous after hitting 4th gear. If you are running a 2.5lb bottle, you still will lose quite a bit of pressure by the time you are halfway thru 6 th gear if you are geared correctly. It's all about volume to keep your pressure up. As you progress down track, your pressure drops, then you go rich, that's what everyone thinks. But as you go over 180mph, frontal air impact causes additional air flow to the TBIs which can actually make you go lean. You need an AF data log to see your mixture down track. Even a 40 shot will turn your motor to molten aluminum. Nitrous is not for the weak of pocketbook in LSR. When at the track, come see me at the motorcycle tech trailer (Tiger Racing Tent) or grab Ransom by the arm. I'm sure we can help while you are there. Hope to Cya at the opening May event.

Back