NGK CR9E at Autozone #6263 $4.39

glad you got that beautiful red and black machine back on the road without too much of a problem :beerchug:

Well if torquing them to 8 is correct then 16 has to be twice as good!:rofl:

I've never heard of using a torque wrench on a spark plug. I've always snugged them down and moved on.:beerchug:

glad you got that beautiful red and black machine back on the road without too much of a problem :beerchug:

Yes, and if nothing else....we "all" got a great laugh in too.....at least I did, after I got that threaded section out...... :super:

I swear, I'm still not sure what I wasn't, or was thinking about, but I'm tuning throttles tomorrow. Buttoned up the wiring, hoses, linkage, battery tender is on, and "yes, I threaded four new CR9E's in by hand, and a half turn for the pinch on the washer"..... :oldcool: I started at #1 first tonight, and by the time I hit #4........it was all good. Tomorrow, I'll blow out the air filter, top off the coolant, and I'm going to play with the counterbalance shaft adjustment.....then I'm polishing the beast end to end, and I'm going for a long over due ride !!!! :super: :super: :super:

Note to self: "Self ?, half turn for the pinch" :whistle:

Look on the bright side, at least it wasn't the oil drain plug you had a brain fart on.:laugh:

Look on the bright side, at least it wasn't the oil drain plug you had a brain fart on.:laugh:

No doubt-no doubt Bruddah !!! :super:

"Drain plug torque spec" ????.....hmmmm.....maybe THAT was it ????.....I just screwed that in before I went after the spark plug replacement......ya know...I'll bet I was still thinkin' plug spec :bowdown: ....."D@MN DRUGS"........:banghead:

yep, 8lb's just done mine tonight. O'reilly auto parts has the cr9e's for 3.31 here. cheapest ive found locally.

thanks for the heads up, just picked some up for $3.39...definitely the best deal around :beerchug:

Glad it worked out for the good my friend.. But hey, where the heck are the pics? ???

Glad it worked out for you. At least you didn't strip the threads in the head.

Thanks for the tips on the Autozone price. :thumbsup: I have one right down the road from me. I would check out O'Riley, but I don't know of any in my area. :confused:

I don't think I'll need them for a while, though. I've only got 2,200 miles on my 06 so far.

Back