Quick spark'n plug question

J.Busa

Registered
Anyone running a CR8E in their mostly stock bike??? Cuz I have NGK CR8EIX here and I also have the CR9E here too. I would like to run the iridiums, but I'm not sure going one heat range hotter is a good idea.........

Anyone have any input or running a hotter plug?

I guess everyone just runs the stock heat range judging by the # of views and 0 replies......

I'll just go w/ the CR9E's then

hope this makes you feel better,i just keep to the standard cr9e,guess suzuki know best
laugh.gif

Well I took the CR9E's out and they looked like they weren't too rich so I just put the 9's back in it. I was more curious that Suzuki listed the 8's as an option and I wondered if anyone has tried them before or if maybe they were too hot a plug.

The world may never know.............................
beerchug.gif

i just put the denso cr9e i believe? they run like a champ but very pricey.
thumb_up.gif

Perfect thread, crappy subject tho, maybe the  originator can edit it for more replies, cause I'd really like to know if anyone has switched to the cr8e's also.

If your 9s were looking good, then you don't really need to experiment with heat ranges. On High performance engines, some builders will tailor the plug to the individual cylinder, with regard to heat ranges (indexing, too!).

For the street, it's one of those compromise deals. Just make sure to change them before any significant erosion develops.
beerchug.gif

Back