NFL Replacement Refs..... ARGHHHHH!

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
Is anyone else hating watching the games and the replacement refs (make stupid mistakes) as bad as me?

ARGHHHHH! :banghead: :rulez: :tantrum: :spank: :cursin:

Thanks, I feel better now.

:glare:

I personally don't think the replacement refs make any more bad calls than the normal refs. They are just under the spotlight more now.

All of the refs suck.

^^^ then your blind Bots. All refs do suck but these replacement ones are crappy. They are letting the players bash each other and grab well past 5 yards because they dont want to slow tha game down with a bunch of flags. The palyers know this and are like kids in a playground. Games are getting out of hand and the the refs dont seem to know how to stop it...they suck and are changing the outcome of games.

I have managed to watch exactly one game, well 3/4 of it anyways. I had no clue about the whole ref situation but it was all they could talk about during the game. I'll admit some of the calls they called were crap and some were just horrible and I dunno about slowing down the game, this one they seemed to call holding for anything, the "aww hell I'm sure it was something *holding {pick a number} * "

Cant say I would have thought much about it without the constant smack talking the commentators were doing about the ref's but it was a pretty poorly officiated game.

My question is why are they working with C grade refs?

I say let 'em play. Football is a contact sport. Let them kill each other out there. :cheerleader:

I will say the game yesterday between Detroit and Tennessee was one of the better games I've ever watched at the NFL level. Really an awesome game. Yea, the ref's still screwed the pooch on a couple calls there as well, but wow it was nice seeing these guys competing at a very raw level similar to college.

They are working with C grade refs because that's all they can get. The next step down from an nfl official would be NCAA refs, but they are busy. It has made me realize what a great job the regular nfl refs do. Some of the games these past few weeks have got totally out of controll.

My question is why are they working with C grade refs?

I think i heard they tried getting the SEC ref's and they refused to ref for them as they it's a no-win situation for them. Too much scrutiny, not enough time to prep for it, and low pay. that's why they have the pee-wee league ref's out there, haha.

I will say the game yesterday between Detroit and Tennessee was one of the better games I've ever watched at the NFL level. Really an awesome game. Yea, the ref's still screwed the pooch on a couple calls there as well, but wow it was nice seeing these guys competing at a very raw level similar to college.

I'm assuming you know I'm a Lions fan.. That game was CRAZY! One of the better games I've seen in years. Even though they lost. :beerchug:

Again, all refs make bad calls, and no calls. These "replacement" refs are just the same. They've ref'd what, 6 games so far? Give 'em a brake. Plus, what's their incentive to do better? Their jobs are gone again as soon as the Union cronies give the overpaid normal refs even more money.. :poke:

I'm assuming you know I'm a Lions fan.. That game was CRAZY! One of the better games I've seen in years. Even though they lost. :beerchug:

Again, all refs make bad calls, and no calls. These "replacement" refs are just the same. They've ref'd what, 6 games so far? Give 'em a brake. Plus, what's their incentive to do better? Their jobs are gone again as soon as the Union cronies give the overpaid normal refs even more money.. :poke:

Actually, I had no idea!

I am a Titan's fan by default, but yea i felt the same way. I hated to see either team lose yesterday. It's been a LONG time since i've seen two NFL teams top to bottom leave everything on the field. Both had numerous chances to chalk it up and walk away with "we left it all out there, let's head to the locker room".

Man, there were like 15-20 "plays of the year" on that game. It was ridiculous.

The NFL is using ‘C & D’ grade refs because they are not ALLOWED to use Division 1 refs. There is some rule stating that they cannot do both college and pros at the same time (it’s a conflict of interest or something). Why quit your job as a college ref to become a part timer for the NFL only to lose that job as soon as the lock out is over? That leaves the NFL to use the lower level college, community college, and there is even one guy from the high school level out there. I will do some research to see which rule it is that says the upper level college people are not eligible for both college and pros simultaneously.

Personally I don’t care if the regular refs ever come back as long as the replacements get the proper training. The regular refs want more money and the NFL is saying piss off, you’re not the talent….lock out if you want too; we’ll just get more of you! Both side are greedy.

By the middle of the season, they'll be seasoned enough that it won't be an issue anymore. Until then, its still NFL football. The refs will always make bad calls, and there are too many pansy rules in place "protecting" the players from making too much contact in a contact sport.

Its getting too much like flag football. They make better helmets and protective pads just to let the guys not hit each other... :down:

TN just about screwed the pooch; what a wild game.

Did anyone see Belicheck grab the ref after the call at the end of the game Pats/Ravens last night? He's gonna be writing a check for sure....

NFL ref's make the least amount of all but work the least too. I'm pretty sure the 30-70k they make is a nice addition to their "normal" work load paycheck. If they played more games I could see it but honestly in this economy, if you dont want to work because of lack of money, screw you you are fired and I can find replacements. I sorta had the same view with the teachers strike in chicago....though it would be a little harder to find good teachers on short notice but striking never helps anyone and in the end just winds up causing more pain for innocents.....even well paid ones like the NFL players

Getting rough out there

image-1351969287.jpg

Back