Next Weekend, July 4th, Branson? Cancelled!!

I'll toss an estimate out of aprox 270 miles if you travel the main highways. Could be a smidge less. There is a little road construction on Hwy 44 close to StL / add a half hour?

You interested in going Bruce? I just sent Colen a PM to get specifics about where and when they'll be riding. I don't have my Daughter this weekend, so I may be up for it.

Tom...do you come through St. Louis area to get to where they are meeting up? If so....scoop me up on your way......

No man, I'm by Springfield, about 35 minutes from the BBQ place, and maybe an hour or a little less from Branson. Practically already there right now.

You guys have fun and be safe, take some pictures for me. :beerchug:

Ah, you know me, I'll have the still cam and the GoPro too.
That's a bummer not being able to come, but I know the feeling. Been trying to get to the Eureka spring MnG for 3 years now, weather 1st year, pneumonia last year, and had to work 6 days MnG week this year. Frustrating.
Hopefully we can cross paths at Hallett again this year though.:thumbsup:

Ah, you know me, I'll have the still cam and the GoPro too.
That's a bummer not being able to come, but I know the feeling. Been trying to get to the Eureka spring MnG for 3 years now, weather 1st year, pneumonia last year, and had to work 6 days MnG week this year. Frustrating.
Hopefully we can cross paths at Hallett again this year though.:thumbsup:

That we will Tom. :beerchug:

How far is the ride from St. Louis to this area?

it's 382 miles from my house so probably about 340-50 for you, about 7 hours of steady riding with the roadwork going on...we're just planning on riding and hanging out at the rally Thur. and Fri., then going to Galena on Sat. for lunch, back to pick up Princess when she gets off work and return to the rally Sat. night...church with Macon's dad on Sun., more riding, and maybe a party at Macon's bosses' house...try to make it home by 9 or 10 Tues morning so i can get some sleep before going to work that evening :beerchug:

it's 382 miles from my house so probably about 340-50 for you, about 7 hours of steady riding with the roadwork going on...we're just planning on riding and hanging out at the rally Thur. and Fri., then going to Galena on Sat. for lunch, back to pick up Princess when she gets off work and return to the rally Sat. night...church with Macon's dad on Sun., more riding, and maybe a party at Macon's bosses' house...try to make it home by 9 or 10 Tues morning so i can get some sleep before going to work that evening :beerchug:

Oh ok...I see....ummm y'all enjoy then I guess.

7hrs for approx 350 miles eh? Who's riding??? :laugh:

Last edited:
at 350 miles, i'm just getting my tires (and knee joints) warmed up and settling in to start really riding :laugh:

absolutely! Macon454, summer (who also got to come at the last minute :cheerleader:) and i will be there :beerchug:

BIG PROBLEM FOLKS!!
I'm hearing the Sugartree BBQ is closed at the moment. I just got the heads up from a friend of mine a few minutes ago. Says the place is stripped and empty. Dunno if it's for a remodel or permenant, but end result, NO BBQ TOMORROW.
There is another pretty good burger place in Cape Fair I can (will here in a moment) check on if you all are still interested.
DANG, the BBQ place was open and booming a few weekends ago.

ok, we're in...Macon454, summer, and i are going to meet HillbillyTom at the intersection of 76 and 39 tomorrow at 1100 and follow him to the place in Cape Fair...i hope everyone else can change their direction and meet us at one place or the other :beerchug:

Back