Next question

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
Should N.O. be rebuilt at all. It has been long overdue for a catastrophic event like this. When you build a city in a bowl like depression, many feet below sea level, with sea water on one side, a large lake on one side and a huge river on another side what did everyone expect. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Do not misunderstand me, I feel for these people. But the problem still remains. After the water goes down the danger still remains. Another storm this year or next year or in several years could cause the same disaster. So the question is. Rebuild as is, or just bulldoze everthing for a base and filler then build up the area to above sea level and then begin rebuilding. I just cannot see using Federal money or even donated money to rebuild the same things in the same area in the same situation with the same threat always hanging over their heads. I hope this does not piss anyone off but this should not be allowed to happen again.

David
director.gif

<!--EDIT|Goldwanger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125851755 -->

After earthquakes and landslides in California or hurricanes in Miami should we rebuild?

<!--EDIT|SoBad
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125855166 -->

The LA coast line loses 24 square miles a year. This is due to canals and levees used to direct the mississippi river. For ages, before canals and levees, the river simply rebuilt the eroded delta with sand and silt. Now the canals and levees redirect or the sand and silt into the Gulf. So the coast line is just dissappearing. Since 1930, Louisana has lost an amount of land equal to the size of Delaware. This land that is dissapperaing used to protect New Orleans, now the isn't much land between the Gulf and N.O. to weaken hurricanes and protect against storm surge, wind, and waves.

What do I think;
rebuild nothing until you can protect it.
Don't rebuild below sea level.
Relocate N.O. to higher ground.

It's just not worth having this happen again.

After earthquakes and landslides in California or hurricanes in Miami should we rebuild?
Miami is above sea level.  Not surrounded by water.

No land slide in Cali ever needed the Feds to rescue them with helicopters and thousands of guard.

Name one earthquake where the people or mayors or govenor blamed the current president for the disaster.

No one is doubting that New Orleans needs to rebuilt. People are just wondering if we'll make the same mistakes...

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125856727 -->

+1000 Don't rebuild waht you can't preotect, make it safe first!

That's it. 10 reply's. So I suppose the rest of you guys want to use tax dollars to rebuild and wait on another natural disaster. Remember, we can plan and build to our hearts desire and when ready, Mother Nature will kick our collective asses again, and no amount of engineering will stop her.

David
poke.gif

Back