Newly purchased 2008

CPZBusa

Registered
I'm a newbie here and just purchased a 2008 hayabusa with approximately 27000 on the odometer.
I'm putting together a list of things that I should do considering I have no clue what previous owners have done.
It came with a blocks single exhaust and a power commander 3.
Chain and sprockets were in pitiful shape so that is first on list.
I'm coming from a 91 gsxr 750 so I need advice on what all to look at besides the normal.
Planned to do brakes, sprockets and Chain, plugs, and airfilter. All input is greatly appreciated.

20230330_170849.jpg

Welcome, Good looking bike...

As you don't know any of the previous maintenance, it's always a good idea to change all fluids (brake, clutch, coolant, oil).

There was a recall for the 2008s for their regulators crapping out so I'd keep an eye out for that...maybe if you take the VIN to a Suzuki shop it might be in the computer...

Looks like you have everything looked after...

Welcome, Good looking bike...

As you don't know any of the previous maintenance, it's always a good idea to change all fluids (brake, clutch, coolant, oil).

There was a recall for the 2008s for their regulators crapping out so I'd keep an eye out for that...maybe if you take the VIN to a Suzuki shop it might be in the computer...

Looks like you have everything looked after...
What about the internal stuff like cam chains and valves? How is 28k miles on these bikes? Is that alot of miles?
It runs well and is not making any noise from components.
In fact my 91 slingshot was way louder.

What about the internal stuff like cam chains and valves? How is 28k miles on these bikes? Is that alot of miles?
It runs well and is not making any noise from components.
In fact my 91 slingshot was way louder.
There are bikes out there with hundreds of thousands of miles/kms on them...with the proper maintenance these are a typical bullet proof Suzuki.

28,000 miles is just getting broke in.

I'm a newbie here and just purchased a 2008 hayabusa with approximately 27000 on the odometer.
I'm putting together a list of things that I should do considering I have no clue what previous owners have done.
It came with a blocks single exhaust and a power commander 3.
Chain and sprockets were in pitiful shape so that is first on list.
I'm coming from a 91 gsxr 750 so I need advice on what all to look at besides the normal.
Planned to do brakes, sprockets and Chain, plugs, and airfilter. All input is greatly appreciated.

View attachment 1664937
Congrats on the new bike.!!!

So previous owner says he used rotella t4.
I've been reading good and bad using this in hayabusa's. It's actually for diesel.
Any thoughts?

View attachment 1664938
We have members here that use t4 and ride their brakes hard without issues. I run T6, which is also “diesel oil” and have no issues. As for mileage, some hardcore riders have over 100k miles and there are even some with over 200k miles on them so they are reliable bikes if you take care of them.

Congrats, you will not regret
Get the body panels off and then have a look inside
May as well examine the clutch push rod since you'll be right there if you're replacing fr sprocket ... or when you bleed clutch
(and consider changing sprocket ratios since you're replacing - depends on type of riding you're gonna do.
Looks like an aftermarket exhaust. I'd check the header bolts
Remember the fork oil! Is orig oil still in there?
Everything (else) you could possibly imagine doing to the bike is contained within this forum
If you can't find it here (SEARCH is your friend), ask for it - someone here knows how
I use Motul oil, Dunlop or Michelin tires
Safest to assume a valve clearance check has never been done; I would add that to my list
Lose the piggyback fuel system and get a flash tune if you're rich. I am not but it's on my list anyway.

Enjoy the ride

Back