Newest Mods

Thanks for looking. I would like some feedback on how it looks and if anyone thinks that a powder coating service for h.org would be a good idea.

First, nice job done Pipe. Second if you dont much or any overhead, free access or your own portable heating oven (up to 480 degree circular vent fan type @$399) you shouldnt have any problem blowing away your competitors with pricing with shipping included.

I just had my rims quoted  at a local powder coating company for $75 to $90 a rim .[/QUOTE]
Thanks Rythm. Right now I can only do smaller parts, no wheels or frames yet. But I will probably get into them eventually.

Have you tried PCing the peg mounts?  I don't know if they would look good in anything other than the frame color.  Would be interesting to see a picture though.

Also, how much control do you have over what colors you can replicate?  Can you get an exact match, or just 'close'?
No, I haven't tried pcing the peg mounts. I thought the same way as you, it would probably look best the way they are.

For your question about color match, Yes you can get exact color match, but I have seen that it is really expensive, and cost way more then chrome.

Looks good man. The blue accents adds a nice touch to your busa's color scheme.
super.gif
Exactly what I was thinking.

Looks great Pipe.
super.gif
Thanks Blue.
beerchug.gif

super.gif

For your question about color match, Yes you can get exact color match, but I have seen that it is really expensive, and cost way more then chrome. [/QUOTE]

Yo Pipe,  I was just talkn to a local P.C. shop and have done some research on this myself but wasn't able to find anything, ony that it would be very a expensive process like you said and that the process is still under development.  Can I ask what manufactor you found that offer this type of P.C.system Dupont,Spray lak, Sherron Williams
rock.gif

Thanks

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101654800 -->

looks good man, I might be interested in some powder coated parts,,,,,,,,,,the things that are too hard to polish.......

Rhythm, I am not really sure. I have seen that on message forurms, info, and other places around the net that it can be done but for a very expensive price. I haven't really looked into it that much, due to the cost.

Love the work pipefighter. From what I've read, the powder coat holds up a lot better than chrome, right!? The process looks relatively simple to do also. If you've got the spray gun and the oven, you're in business. We recently auctioned off some old lab equipment for our United Way campaign, and there were two ovens up for bid. They were still in good working condition because we just update our equipment every couple years. If I had known that you were doing something like this, I could have picked up an oven for you for a "song." About $25 would be the price of one. They were both Fisher Scientific brand and are very reliable. Actually one of my co-workers who rides picked up one of them to start powder coating also. Great idea!! and Good luck!!

Very nice work, PF! Had a couple pieces PC's for my bike and I think it does add avery nice touch!

Love the work pipefighter.  From what I've read, the powder coat holds up a lot better than chrome, right!?  The process looks relatively simple to do also.  If you've got the spray gun and the oven, you're in business.  We recently auctioned off some old lab equipment for our United Way campaign, and there were two ovens up for bid.  They were still in good working condition because we just update our equipment every couple years.  If I had known that you were doing something like this, I could have picked up an oven for you for a "song."  About $25 would be the price of one.  They were both Fisher Scientific brand and are very reliable.  Actually one of my co-workers who rides picked up one of them to start powder coating also.  Great idea!! and Good luck!!
Thanks for the compliment. I haven't heard if it is better holding then chrome or not. I have read that it is a lot more durable then paint though. I will be honest with you. Pcing is pretty simple to do, but there is also a lot that can go wrong. Over curing, under curing, out gassing, and more. But like most other things the best results come from prep work. I would of liked to pick up that oven for that price, if I am still doing it in a couple of years maybe you can hit me up then.

Very nice work, PF!  Had a couple pieces PC's for my bike and I think it does add avery nice touch!
Thanks Bigbs, I thought that it added a nice touch to my bike also. I will probably do my engine covers and a few more pieces on my bike. But I didn't want to start tearing the bike down, whenever, we still have a few more days left for riding.

Have you tried PCing the peg mounts?  I don't know if they would look good in anything other than the frame color.  Would be interesting to see a picture though.

Also, how much control do you have over what colors you can replicate?  Can you get an exact match, or just 'close'?
No, I haven't tried pcing the peg mounts. I thought the same way as you, it would probably look best the way they are.

For your question about color match, Yes you can get exact color match, but I have seen that it is really expensive, and cost way more then chrome.
Here are some parts i had done paid 90 bucks for them shipped. havent recieved them yet though, supposed to be here tues/wed Hey your parts look good too.

parts.JPG

wish you would have told me you did it i could have gave you the business

Back