Newbie saying Hi

DiabloUK

Registered
Howdy guys :)

Names Matt, bike mad, actually run a few bike forums, came off me R1 recently and I am now considering my next bike, the one that keeps coming to mind is the Hayabusa.

Anyway gonna have a look around and then ask some questions.

Cheers.

Matt :)

:welcome::welcome: Lots of info here... R1 is a great bike too, would not mind having a new one in my garage..

Welcome Matt! Kinda new myself (to spite the join date). You'll find this forum invaluable should you go busa, I do! Anyway good luck :welcome:

Thanks for the welcome guys :D

OK this is my dilemma.

Had a R1 for 2 years, came off about a month ago, first motorcycle accident ever, just 1 in 20 year not too bad eh :laugh: that was up the peak district, Derbyshire.

Suffered some injuries, wrists are still weak and I got a lump in me forearm and ones still really hurting.

I don't know what to do for my next bike, I spent loads on me R1 but the bike never tipped in easy, part of the reason I crashed but I want a nice bike to bling.

I am concerned with the Busa cos of the speed, whats chance I will lose my licence and go to jail on one of those lol.

I just read a v.interesting post about Busa for first bike, well this isnt me first I had lots, 2 Fireblades, Exup, ZX-9R, ZZ-R 1100, R1, etc etc, but am I ready for a Busa ? having never ridden one and only read the hype it seams ya have to be a backing-it-in tyre smoking god like Nicky Hayden to ride one.

I've been looking at the pics (hope its ok to do this) and this is one I found and its exactly what I am looking for :

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

At mo I have £3,100 cash for a bike, which busa would I be looking at, what year and how much do I need for a good one ?

Lots of questions as ya can see lol any input would be marvelous :D

Cheers.

Matt :thumbsup:

:welcome: to the org! If you have been riding for 20 years, and previously owned a litre bike, then you will have no problem with the busa. Just respect the power (gonna be more torquey down low than your R1 ever was). As far as runnin' the twisties, it really isn't too bad. You can feel the weight when compared to the lighter superbikes, but it handles surprisingly well for its size. Basically, just take your time and get the "feel" for it, and I'm sure you'll fall in love with it like we all have... :beerchug:

D

:welcome:

the busa is a gentle lion. some people think it just takes off on its own until it tops out at 220mph. its is fast bike but it you just take it ez and get used to her you should be fine. i think it starts really pullin at about 8000rpms. you should stay under that until you feel comfortable
good luck have fun

:welcome: to the ORG and ask away and the answers will come!
Ride safe.
Bubba

I want a nice bike to bling.

I am concerned with the Busa cos of the speed, whats chance I will lose my licence and go to jail on one of those lol.

Get the Busa and Bling away. :thumbsup:

As for Jail, You will only go as fast as you want too :laugh:

Back