Newbie makes remarks

Tetge

Registered
Hi, I'm new and I just traded a six week old 2005 Suzuki Bandit in on a new 2005 Hayabusa (yes, I was raped).  I have a centerstand on order and I will install it no matter what, but, I hope it does not scrape.  The Bandit was a fine bike, with a stock centerstand,  and it handled much better than my 1987 MotoGuzzi Lemans SE which I purchased new and still have, but the Bandit was slower in the 1/4 than my 2003 Mustang Cobra, and I am a 1/4 mile junkie.  The Hayabusa seems faster than the car, so that is good.
I have been reading all the threads for about a week, or longer, and, it reminds me a lot of the Mustang Cobra boards. I guess modding is universal, and it comes with the same pitfalls.  
So, I will be lurking.  I do not wish to mod the Hayabusa without plenty of research since the Holeshot exhaust that I put on my Bandit sounded wonderful, but, it harmed the throttle response at lower speeds.  I know because when I put the Bandit back to stock to trade it in, it ran sharper.  I'd love some more exhaust authority on the Hayabusa, but, there are no tuners where I live and even slip ons apparently hurt the bottom end on a stock bike if I read the posts on this site properly.
So, I have introduced myself.  And, the site is very informative.  Now I have to learn how to ride all over again, and, I have been riding for over 40 years.
BTW:  I really want the 16/42 gear mod.  But, is the speed corrector easy to install, and do the gears install easily too?  I have 4.10's in my Cobra, so, I like gears.

<!--EDIT|Tetge
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119373420 -->

Welcome to the board, a new exhaust is easily tuned with a PC3. Some full exhaust will come as a package deal giving you the full exhaust, 16/42, pair valve block off plates, air box mod instructions, and a Power Commander (PC3) Already mapped for you. It is a simple plug and play set-up. Contact tomveltune.com he has the complete package. The hardest thing I found was dealing with the chain when swopping out the sprockets. Good Luck and post some pics of that scoot of yours!!!!
wink.gif

Welcome to the board.
biggrin.gif
If your mechanically inclined the gear change is pretty simple
wink.gif

Welcome to the board,post up some pics of the cobra, fellow mustang lover here!
smile.gif
I know you made the pulley,chip,and axle changes right?

First, before I forget, the centerstand will not scrape, will it?
And then, I am not sure how to post pics but I will try.

tetge_burnout.jpg

OK. That was me at Carlsbad, CA, may Carlsbad RIP. The usual pulley stuff under the hood, but stock mass air; throttle body; catted h-pipe, etc. The engine has never been opened up and it has 57000 miles on it. Best ET's at Fontana CA and Famoso CA 11.58's @ 119. Best at LACR 11.78 @ 116 with a 1.59 60' time a few nights ago. Full OEM suspension and interior. Sort of like the Busa, since it is 3900 pounds race weight with me in it. These runs are on 17" MT DR's.

SNAKEENGINE.JPG

One last pic of the Guzzi with its new friend in the background. I think that I used up all my pic quota for the duration on this one thread

Bikes.jpg

Welcome and just think how much you will save on mod's over the cobra, since you now can run low 10's without doing anything.

Welcome and just think how much you will save on mod's over the cobra, since you now can run low 10's without doing anything.
I did not mention that the Bandit was a 1200S.  It ran 11.69 @ 116+ off of a 1.94 60' time with about 350 miles on it new at LACR.  I was having problems launching it, so I would think that the Busa will be a handful.  And, I have no leathers so they will toss me if I go better than 120 MPH, which it should do in its sleep.  But, I specifically picked up a new bike to drag race since the Mustang is getting long of tooth at 57000 miles and the Mustang has over 500 1/4 mile runs on it.  I thought that the 1200 Bandit would be the answer, but, it lacked top end grunt, so I went for the other big Suzuki street bike.

<!--EDIT|Tetge
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119451006 -->

Back