new Zero Gravity windscreen.....Sucks?

I am 6ft 7 When I replaced my helmet I went with the HJC RPS-10 and I started to get a violent helmet quiver at speeds of 150+
The helmet is the proper size for my head. I then purchased a Yana Shiki Type R wind shield that is the same as a double bubble
but half the cost. Its much better now since I can get in out of the window in a full lay down mode.
Yes I feel the wind hitting me as I ride but I ride a sport bike. My body postion changes with the speed I am traveling.
Straight back up to 60-65MPH slightly leaned over on the tank 75+ I am almost in a full lay on the tank mode at 125-140 and at 160+ I am in the paint on the tank looking thru the windshield

Nope not that i know of, buy a Goldwing! Sorry
is there any screen that protects your shoulders as well as your head? I know that when you get outside of the stock dynamics you are less aerodynamic but there has to be a screen out there that can give you a complete wind bubble. aside from the screen style issue do you guys find yourselve's tucking low on long trips or just dealing with the wind? I love the bike but I bought it thinking I could make it a comfortable cruiser. I hope I wasn't mistaken.

I dont take no for an answer, This is going to work. I dont think you read through the thread before you made your goldwing comment.

He did not have to read the entire thread,

"but there has to be a screen out there that can give you a complete wind bubble." this is what you asked.

Everyone gave you an answer and unfortunatly on a sport bike, the answer is "NO"

I'm using the "factory" double bubble type wind screen (Puig with a kanji on it), and have no buffeting what so ever. I'm 6'2", so unless I tuck, I'm in the slip stream, but no problems that I've ever noticed. Lot of helmet buffeting can come from the helmet itself. I've had them before that were bouncing my head around at 45 mph, but my Arai is perfectly smooth at 100mph, with the stock windscreen or the DB version.

The Gen 2 Hayabusa was designed to allow more of a "tuck" at speed--or at least that's how it was advertised. I have the factory (OEM) double-bubble for my Gen 1, and it made a big difference in buffeting, but it was never eliminated. Also, the helmet is definitely important, so that's something to consider when it's time for a new one.

It's all wind management. If I can have the air moving smoothly around me then I'm perfectly happy, if I wanted windless I'd have gotten a sports car. However the factory windshield on both my gen1 and gen2 caused my helmet to lift from air pressure coming up with incredible buffeting across my shoulders and head.

On my gen1 I installed the factory double bubble and loved it aerodynamically plus I could actually see the gauges. It moved the air blast to where it hit my chin bar. The air moved smoothly around the helmet, cleanly across my shoulders and down my chest. Air blast I don't care about. Getting beaten up is different. It's not only uncomfortable but it's very fatiguing which ends up dangerous.

On my gen2 I tried the ZGST shield and that made my situation worse but in a different way. The air was deflected up and over me but the air turning down to fill the void behind the shield caused a whole different set of issues. If I moved up or down from a comfortable position it was fine.

It's just a matter of making changes so that the bikes aero and your body type fit nicely together as originally intended. The ZGDB fits the bill nearly as well as the factory DB on my gen1. It's no different than changing tires to get a particular feel and feedback, brake pads for a certain performance or grips to help with hand comfort.

I didn't know Puig made the DB for the gen1. I was disappointed that Suzuki doesn't offer a DB like the gen1, I'll look and see what they have to offer for the gen2.

Back