New Year New Sneaker

Camano Rider

Registered
I decided to start the new year with fresh pair of sneaker for my busa. I placed a pair of Shinko Raven 009 which compliment my riding style. I mainly commute and hardly ride the twisties around the Pacific Northwest although we have abundant of those type of roads if ones desires. I took my bike to work today and what a way to test the tires because it was raining cats and dogs on my way to work. The Shinko tires performed flawlessly and I believe I found the tires that I will stick to. Sorry no photos to share, I am still learning to post pictures here but I am sure many of you know what the tires look like. Cheers to everyone and here's to another year of great riding.

P.S. I have 15120 mile on the OEM tires prior to installing the Shinko.

This attributes to my fear :please:to unleash her full potential. I'm the one who you might consider rides like a grandma.

Last edited:
I got about 12k out of my stockers and went to the very same tires.. I got about 9k on the back and had to change it out while the front still looked new.. The back did go thru a couple of drunk garage smokings though....:whistle:

Ok, I hate to ask this but I bought an 06 this past June that had only 421 miles on it. I put on just over 4k worth of miles, mostly commuting to work everyday and alot of highway, and I noticed a flat spot on the rear. I have spun the tires a couples of times on take offs but I mostly ride easily. These are the stock tires, not sure what they are I think Bridgestone. Is this normal to wear that fast? I do plan to replace them this coming season and kind of confused at to what tire I should go for.

Overtime the rear tire will develop a flat spot which it did on my tires. I started to feel as if I was loosing traction while traveling on the freeway and I felt that my bike was not completely planted on the road which prompted me to change the tire right away. Yeah I also mainly commute 90 percent freeway and I ride like I said grandma but I am really impress with the performance of this tires so far. I hope to double the mileage on the Shinko tires I will report the outcome when that time comes.

I'm running the shinko ravens as well and I DO ride the twisties. Alot of people think you have to spend big money on tires but these shinkos have shocked me as well. Very good tire for a steal of a price.
PS, your tires are flat in the middle because you never ride the twisties....you're only wearing the middle out and not the sides. They're call chicken strips.:laugh:

QUOTE=Liltroy;2272467]I'm running the shinko ravens as well and I DO ride the twisties. Alot of people think you have to spend big money on tires but these shinkos have shocked me as well. Very good tire for a steal of a price.
PS, your tires are flat in the middle because you never ride the twisties....you're only wearing the middle out and not the sides. They're call chicken strips.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

:cheerleader:I am glad to hear this. I am a commuter therefore will forever see the chicken strip :thumbsup:

Back