New Undertail

werdkat

Registered
Finally broke down and bought an undertail with led's and the blinker integrator. However I overlooked one small item....
a tag bracket. Yeah, so I have to drive the cage on base today, then I will be able to fabricate a tag mount w00t! Here are some pics enjoy!

rear1.JPG

I MIGHT have the clear plastic bracket that came with my Mototeck undertail; I never used it...it's nothing fancy or special, but if I can find it, it's yours...let me know...I'll check tonight to see if I can find it.

Otherwise...fabricate one like this
tounge.gif

bracket.JPG

I MIGHT have the clear plastic bracket that came with my Mototeck undertail; I never used it...it's nothing fancy or special, but if I can find it, it's yours...let me know...I'll check tonight to see if I can find it.

Otherwise...fabricate one like this
tounge.gif
If VA can't find hers let me know, I still have the plastic bracket that came with my undertail. Though I suggest getting a license plate relocator(something that attaches to your swingarm or the one that doubles as a chain guard)

I just installed a top gun undertail on mine. Had the same issue with lic braket. Took off the factory braket and used just the plate mount part which unscrews from the rest. Went to the local Lowes and bought a 3inch L bracket, market holes and drilled. Bolted it to the exhaust braket and done. Out $1.97 and 30 mins of my time. The only thing left is to add the white LED to shine on tag. Will try posting pics later

Looks good man, the pic almost looks like the lights aren't very bright. Is it just pic or what?

Looks good man, the pic almost looks like the lights aren't very bright.  Is it just pic or what?
I haven't had a chance to view it in the daytime, but the lights are pretty bright at night. I am sure during the daytime they wont' be to great. I am going to get those led flashing lights that are on pashnits site they look like they would be a wise investment.
Lites

I just installed a top gun  undertail on mine. Had the same issue with lic braket. Took off the factory braket and used just the plate mount part which unscrews from the rest. Went to the local Lowes and bought a 3inch L bracket, market holes and drilled. Bolted it to the exhaust braket and done. Out $1.97 and 30 mins of my time. The only thing left is to add the white LED to shine on tag. Will try posting pics later
hrmm, I am curious how that looks with the L brackets...cheap is definately good!!

Looks good! Is that one of the ones seen on eBay? I have seen them but didn't know how they would actually look on a Busa.

Looks good!  Is that one of the ones seen on eBay?  I have seen them but didn't know how they would actually look on a Busa.
Yeah actually. I was tossing up getting the Top Gun one, but when I finally decided to order the place I was going to get it through was closed. I happened to be on ebay looking up busa parts...i know shock...and saw this one with LEDs and Tail light integrator for 160 shipped. Decided heck if I didn't like it I could always sell it or send it back. But was pleasantly surpised when I got it out of the box and not a blemish on it. Only thing the pushpin holes were a bit to small, and had to drill them out.

did you haft to do any cutting? was it easy to install? thinking of getting one for mine. By the way, it looks great.

Back