New toys

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Alrighty guys, I just went out and got these. My question is. How do you go about getting the bike up on the stands BY YOURSELF.

Ohhhhh and James ( TWOETONEVERT ) when the wife see's these and asks did I really need them. :madfire:

I'M BLAMING YOU . . . :whistle:

000_1590.jpg

By being really careful.
I never use the front stand alone, always with the back, so the back always goes up first.
You can leave the sidestand down in case you miss and want to rock it to that side instead of having it fall.

Just take it easy and leave the kickstand down. If the grab bar is installed use it. If not remove the rear seat and use the cross rail inside the hump. I just reach across the rear seat and grab the brake side rear peg.

Remove the hump and hold onto the crossbar where the lock bolts to. It's really really simple.

It is easy Michael. I dont have a front stand, so be very very very very very very careful using that one. I do know you want to put her on the rear stand first, then use the front one.

Be very, very very CAREFUL!!!!

And prepare! First, get a brick or a couple 2x4s stacked for the sidestand to rest on then align the rear stand to your spools. If the grab bar is on, use it and if the hump is on, remove it and use the bracing rail inside to grab. Then holding the handlebars straight, raise the bike and place the sidestand onto the brick while quickly grabbing whatever you've chosen as a grab bar, the bar or the brace inside the hump area to keep the bike steady while standing almost completely upright. Then, holding onto the brace or grab bar with your left hand, align the stand with the spools and push down on the rear stand making sure both 'Ys' hook properly with the spools and push all the way down. As insurance, recheck that the spools have fit properly into the stand's Y hooks, and voila! For removal when you're finished, do NOT use the brick, just make sure the side stand is down and lift up the rear stand while holding onto the grab bar or brace to keep the bike steady and pull slightly towards you to the left (sidestand side) and let it fall gently back onto the sidestand. Never use the front stand alone.

Never use the front stand by itself.

Be careful!

After you've done it a few times, it gets easier!

--Wag--

Remove the hump and hold onto the crossbar where the lock bolts to. It's really really simple.

+1 That's how I do my rear stand too. Works like a charm up and down.
I've not had much luck with fork lift style front stands. I have a rough (concrete driveway) work surface and the one I tried recently acted like it was going to pull the bike off of the rear stand, so I use a pin stand. Looks like you have a much better surface so hopefully it will work better for you.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I learned the hard way with my 06. I try to have someone on hand now to help hold the bike. When alone I always put the bike up on the Baxley trailer chock if I am just going to clean the rear wheel or do chain maint. That chock was a very good investment.

Well Guys

After all the good advice I was given, and I will say it was very good advice, ( THANK YOU ) I got out there, I had to tack off my tag relocater ( gets in the way ) I had to take off my spike spools ( didnt want to scratch them ) Replaced with spools we used a week back at twotoneverts with his stand. Took off the hump, Placed enough boards under the stand to make the bike almost stand up straight, Held onto the brace for the lock, Slowley slid the stand under the spools, Or should I say ONE of them because the damn stand is about 1 1/2" wider than it should be. :cursin::mad2::cursin::mad2::cursin:

Front one seems to fit, But not gonna do me much good without a rear one, Ohhhhhh and another good point, tomorrow is Sun. Bike shop closed, and then theres Mon. Bike shop closed.

Dang, that's a wide stand! Tuesday, take them back to the shop, spend a few $$ more and get Pit Bull or some other top brand and when you get back home you'll have a burgundy version of this..
BusaNewTires10-3-08003.jpg

in no time.

Weird, the stand doesn't look that wide to be 1.5" off when the Busa is upright...standing by for pics. We will solve this.

Back