New to me Turbo 40th anniversary

Bearded

Registered
Hey everyone!
I have had my eye on a hayabusa for a little while now while I’ve been selling my 01 vmax. I had the pleasure this weekend of making a 10hr round trip to pick up this beauty for a steal. Owner didn’t know too much about it but had owned it for 10 years. He bought it with the turbo already installed. It has a garret turbo but if anyone could help identify the kit that would be much appreciated. Unfortunately as you can see he did lay it down in his driveway apparently but the side fairing is pretty much destroyed. It’s has a PC3 and apparently dynoed at 270 on pump gas with 10 pounds of boost. It also has a small water/meth tank installed in the tail but I havnt looked too much into what kind of kit that was either as again the seller didn’t know too much about it and only put water in it. He had a friend take the stock swing arm and cut and weld it to be what he said was 11 over. Im sure it lived at a drag bike once upon a time from when he bought it because he said it was strapped in the front. It also has a MPS tether kill switch. Here are a few pictures and maybe hopefully someone could help ID the turbo kit? From pictures I think it’s an older RCC based of the plenum but I don’t know. Also anyone know what the silver the mounted under the tank in front of the plenum is? FPR? Something to do with the water/meth? I just got it Sunday so havnt had time to dig into it yet but it made a 5 hour ride home. Will have to fix Speedo for sure as going 80 it reads about 95. Said the front sprocket is -1 and the checked the rear and it’s a 40. Not sure if he went -1 from stock or -1 from what the previous owner had. All in all it is a really good rider and I am excited to learn more about it! I havnt had the balls to take it over half throttle yet though and it’s still fast. Will take some getting used to but in the end she will be mostly a dd for me for a 60 round trip few days a week. Would love to hear your thoughts and opinions! Thanks

Ps I have since cleaned her up a bit but havnt taken pics. These were the ones the seller sent me.
E8B38BDB-563F-4C1E-93C0-2B5619C0BC34.jpeg
71CC0126-F3A0-44DA-B17A-BA3A32E7A906.jpeg
7E4FBF39-4625-4144-8336-75D6119CDB0F.jpeg
28B9A6B3-EEAE-4028-BA25-906C49007A2B.jpeg

Hey everyone!
I have had my eye on a hayabusa for a little while now while I’ve been selling my 01 vmax. I had the pleasure this weekend of making a 10hr round trip to pick up this beauty for a steal. Owner didn’t know too much about it but had owned it for 10 years. He bought it with the turbo already installed. It has a garret turbo but if anyone could help identify the kit that would be much appreciated. Unfortunately as you can see he did lay it down in his driveway apparently but the side fairing is pretty much destroyed. It’s has a PC3 and apparently dynoed at 270 on pump gas with 10 pounds of boost. It also has a small water/meth tank installed in the tail but I havnt looked too much into what kind of kit that was either as again the seller didn’t know too much about it and only put water in it. He had a friend take the stock swing arm and cut and weld it to be what he said was 11 over. Im sure it lived at a drag bike once upon a time from when he bought it because he said it was strapped in the front. It also has a MPS tether kill switch. Here are a few pictures and maybe hopefully someone could help ID the turbo kit? From pictures I think it’s an older RCC based of the plenum but I don’t know. Also anyone know what the silver the mounted under the tank in front of the plenum is? FPR? Something to do with the water/meth? I just got it Sunday so havnt had time to dig into it yet but it made a 5 hour ride home. Will have to fix Speedo for sure as going 80 it reads about 95. Said the front sprocket is -1 and the checked the rear and it’s a 40. Not sure if he went -1 from stock or -1 from what the previous owner had. All in all it is a really good rider and I am excited to learn more about it! I havnt had the balls to take it over half throttle yet though and it’s still fast. Will take some getting used to but in the end she will be mostly a dd for me for a 60 round trip few days a week. Would love to hear your thoughts and opinions! Thanks

Ps I have since cleaned her up a bit but havnt taken pics. These were the ones the seller sent me.
View attachment 1648682View attachment 1648683View attachment 1648684View attachment 1648685
Its the fastest color, so that's a good start!

I've got the stock version of her. Man don't tempt me! I have sort of entertained a power boost to send those pesky 1Ks packing.

I will watch your progress.

Welcome! Could be a really nice little monster you've got there.

hehehe at half throttle you havent really even touched the power :) good luck when ya twist her!

Back