New sort of and a question

waterman2002

Registered
Hi - Not so new to the board, just more of a reader than a poster. You guys have a great knowledge base and great board., so since I'm having a problem and thought I would ask. I've had 2002 (black and blue) about 6 months. 17k miles. It is lowered with yosh 4 into 1 and a power commander. Not sure about any other mods, but I'm learning. I have a moderate surging problem at various RPMs but more and smoother if I shift early and keep rpms lower. I can make it come and go if it make small tweaks of the throttle once it starts. Tends to do it a little more under engine braking and seems stonger in lower gears. The bike was lightly down before I got it - scratches in fairing and small ding in exhaust tube.

Anyhow, I have many ideas about the surge (needs custom map, needs tuneup, small ding in exhaust causing back pressure, etc). First plan of action is, I'm going to get a full tune and valve adjustment done since I'm not really sure when it was last done. Any other help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Not truly sure what the problem could be, but I'm sure someone here can help out. You've found a good place. Welcome and post up pics of that bike!

You can try unhooking the PC, hook the two factory connectors back together, and see how it runs like that. That might pinpoint a map problem on the PC.

1zhelp.gif
1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

A good tuner and a Custom Map would be the best way to smooth your bike out through out the RPM range
wink.gif

Waterman, first of all, welcome to the boards. I have an 02 Busa myself with a few mods and I think I had the same problem you are running into. When I would get up into the r's, the bike wanted to lung alot and not just ride smooth. I checked my power commander and found that my map was corrupted. I got a new one made and havent had any problems since. Hope your problem is as simple.

Welcome to the Site
beerchug.gif

And go to a good Tune Up shop with Maping Capabilities AND SOMEONE who knows what they're doing ! Sounds like a maping PC problem which isn't a problem to fix at the right place
wink.gif

Back