New riser solution

A'Busa'd

Donating Member
Registered
Hey all,

Been a while since I've posted here, having sold my Busa more than a year ago, but I recently ran across something that some of you may have some interest in.

When I had my Busa, sources for handlebar risers were limited at best. Here's something that might work for a few:

http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/sbk.cfm

Sorry if it's already been posted.

As always, no affiliation with the vendor, just thought there might be some interest.

Good to hear from ya, bro! Pop your head in a little more often.

Good to hear from ya, bro!  Pop your head in a little more often.
Thanks for the warm reception.
hello.gif

I thought about them, but it is very hard to find a nice handlebar bend that has the proper "droop" like clip-ons, that mimic the wrist and hands' natural angle.

I have a pair of K & N handlebars with a "European Superbike" bend that I bought in 1984 for my '83 GS1100E that are currently on my '01 Kaw ZRX1200. They were only available chromed (I hate chrome) so when I bought them, I bead-blasted them and painted them semi-gloss black every couple of years until I bought the 'rex new in '01, then had them powder-coated black. I hope tubular steel handlebars don't fatigue!

I have never been able to find a bend like this since, and now there is even less selection with the polarization of UJMs into cruisers (ape hangers) and racer-replicas (clip-ons).

Blue1

I figure only a matter of time and someone is going to put a set of ape hangers on a busa....(with Kanji's engraved of course)
rofl.gif

These..

Ape-Hanger-Extreme.jpg

Not These:
www.superstreetbike.com - Link no longer works

Yeah, not for everone, for sure, but there are a few looking to adapt their bikes more for sport touring, as I remember.

I ran across the site while I was looking for some alternatives for my new SV650S. Had GenMar risers on my Busa.

Back