New radiator needed

Quiksilver

Registered
So I need a new radiator. I've seen some on fleabay and amazon but are these any good? Ive thought about used and seen some good deals out there.

Totally depends on your budget.
Obviously OEM new is best but a good cond used radiator is the other option.... as for the Chinese ones.... it’s you engine at stake here, if and when they fail, goodnight Nurse!

I was curious on a new oem price so I checked revzilla and it was somewheres around 700 bucks, yikes! Used oem aren't too bad on price though. I think I'll go ahead and post on here, my luck has been way better on here than fleabay.

I damaged my original when I was trying to pull the smaller line off of it. It ended up pulling right out! I was under a time crunch and needed to get something, so I purchased a Chinese one. Been working great for 5 years now.
I am tentatively converting to dry block so I could sell you mine if you're interested if I do go that route. I have also gotten the OEM one fixed up and it's ready to go as well.

I damaged my original when I was trying to pull the smaller line off of it. It ended up pulling right out! I was under a time crunch and needed to get something, so I purchased a Chinese one. Been working great for 5 years now.
I am tentatively converting to dry block so I could sell you mine if you're interested if I do go that route. I have also gotten the OEM one fixed up and it's ready to go as well.
Woah! It seems that things tend to break at the entirely wrong time! Well I noticed mine too late anyway. I know some things can be good and cheap (arashi rotors) but I couldn't find any feedback during research. I've patched mine up and its holding water but I dont want to keep riding it like it is. How did you go about repairing the oem?

Woah! It seems that things tend to break at the entirely wrong time! Well I noticed mine too late anyway. I know some things can be good and cheap (arashi rotors) but I couldn't find any feedback during research. I've patched mine up and its holding water but I dont want to keep riding it like it is. How did you go about repairing the oem?

Just used a local welder that had experience doing aluminum weld repairs on thin material. He had done rad repairs prior to this, so I had confidence in his work. There's lots of shops that do rad repairs too, so may be something you want to look into if you're wanting to keep yours.

Just used a local welder that had experience doing aluminum weld repairs on thin material. He had done rad repairs prior to this, so I had confidence in his work. There's lots of shops that do rad repairs too, so may be something you want to look into if you're wanting to keep yours.
I used aluminum braze and it worked but I had missed a tiny pin hole and had a very slight drip. I was in a time crunch and in a last ditch effort I used jb weld to make the repair. Not the best solution but it got me to the track and held. The radiator has been to hell and back so I think I will purchase a new/used one just to be safe.

For sure! If I can't find one in here I will resort to ebay. On a side note I suppose this could be the time to put on the new coolant hoses and second fan.
I bought a radiator from ebay seller yourparts2015 in 2015 and its still working perfectly. It was a new radiator and only $99. I just checked and they still sell it.

Back