radiator question

Once a Warrior

Registered
my radiator looks old and corroded, although you really can't see it all because of the fairings and it's doing its job cooling wise with no leaks or overheating problems.
A new OEM radiator is something like $700, but there are aftermarket ones available for around $160. Has anyone used the aftermarket radiator? Any problems with it?
The oil cooler is another expensive part if you are going OEM. It's something like $500.

look on ebay,,you can get that stuff a lot cheaper than that used.
my radiator looks old and corroded, although you really can't see it all because of the fairings and it's doing its job cooling wise with no leaks or overheating problems.
A new OEM radiator is something like $700, but there are aftermarket ones available for around $160. Has anyone used the aftermarket radiator? Any problems with it?
The oil cooler is another expensive part if you are going OEM. It's something like $500.

I bought a aftermarket one had it for 2 years so far no problems no leaks the only thing was it didn't match up perfect with the holes only a hair off though just bent the brackets a hair and it fit fine

When it comes 2 stuff like that i'll take used OEM vs brand new knock off anyday of the week :whistle:

Ebay is the way 2 go IMO

PM goldenchild...he may have spare parts or another sponsor might offer something up.

To the OP,, what looks corroded on your radiator? Since the fairings are still on your bike maybe it's just a buildup of bug splatter on the front of it that you are seeing?

Post a pic of the corrosion, that will help.

it's a 2000 and it came from the beach so there was a lot of salt air corrosion on the bike when i bought it. i think it must be from the salty air.
To the OP,, what looks corroded on your radiator? Since the fairings are still on your bike maybe it's just a buildup of bug splatter on the front of it that you are seeing?

Post a pic of the corrosion, that will help.

Back