New Pipe Installed

fstAZfk

Donating Member
Registered
Well after many painstaking hours of fitting a pipe together i finally finished the install of the Gen 3 and PAIR removal last night. Took the bike out for a quick spin to make sure everything was cool, but without the body work.. it was like 1145PM. So far so good. Got home from work today and put the body on minus the belly pan and took her out for a few full throttle runs. Smooth, quick, and fun!

I did not install a PC on the bike and so far she seems to be running fine. No sputtering, stalling, hesitation or anything. If anything its seems a tad bit smoother. The front comes up a bit easier as well. Not that there was a problem with that to begin with, but now it seems to just ease on up under throttle and with less RPM than before. Could just be my imagination. Im happy so far. And hopefully the lack of a PC will not be an issue with the driveability. WIll put up some pics within the next few days.. I have a mess to clean up in the garage now. Buncha heavy metal layin around.. haha!

WHOO HOO.........

not too mention at 475 shipped for pipe, silicone, and block-off's. Not too bad if you ask me!
cool.gif

thanks shortboarder

Other than having the ability to Map the bike, are there any driveability or reliabliity advantages?

Other than having the ability to Map the bike, are there any driveability or reliabliity advantages?
Having a good MAP gives you the following advantages -

a) Smoothens out the entire Rev range
b) Gives you higher HP cause of the proper Air/Fuel mixture

well i will probably get one eventually.. but for now, she running good. Thanks for the info shenoyp
beerchug.gif

make sure your oil cooler line isn't touching on your exhaust header or you'll wear a hole in it and be spewing oil all over your scorching header!
wow.gif

i think i am clear on both sides, but i will def. check. Thanks for the heads up fstbusa. ( i take it you know from experience?? DOH! )

Other then Mapping?? That is why you do it. Bike may seem fine but the performance will not be there unless tunned. You should be around 168-171 with pipes. With out a tune or PC (or =) I would think you may be around 160hp.

if you like the ride now, just wait until you ride it with a good map in the PC. You will be glad you spent the money, get a pc off ebay or somewhere at a good price and use brocks map, it is so close it is almost not worth the expense of a custom map... Good luck and glad to hear you like the BDE setup.

thanks for the input sully, ill will end up getting one when the funds free up a bit. Should be FUN!
smile.gif

Back