Brocks Install

Kildore

Registered
I just recieved my Brock Short Meg exhaust. In the instructions they recommend deleting the O2 sensor. There is an O2 bung but is blocked off from the factory. They recommend removing the O2 sensor during the install. With that in mind, the instructions talked about the PC having O2 eliminators. I have the PCV on my '08. I'm not sure exactly what that consists of for the PC. Also, is it safe to go ahead and remove the O2 sensor and finish the install?

The O2 bung on the Brocks pipe will not fit the factory O2 sensor on your bike so most likely you will need to remove it. The Pcv should have come with a little resistor that you use to 'jump' the sensor. This way the bike will not throw a code when you start/run it without the O2 sensor.

:beerchug: Thank you for the advice. I went to did some looking around and just needed a second op. My PCV didn't come with an eliminator. :( so am looking for an alternative.

I'm going on memory of about a year and a half old so forgive me but I think it is a 12 ohm resistor that was used to 'jump' my sensor so it wouldn't throw a code. Should be able to get one at Radio Shack or another electronics store. I've also removed the complete P.A.I.R system from my bike and had block off plates installed.

Others will post with more knowledge regarding.

I think that is the basis for what the eliminator does. I don't think i can make something that would be substantial enough to hold up for a long period of time. At least for the time being with my schedual. Busy busy.. busy...

Well.. if someone can post a link to the correct o2 sensor eliminator for the 2008 hayabusa i would be greatfull. I'm finding an assortment of different brands and types and would like to get the correct one.

HAHA! :whistle:

Well.. i started to take off the Yoshi TRC to send along its way and while unscrewing the O2 sensor.. something moving grabs my attention. Well.. i look into what it was and come to find out, the owner prior had installed an O2 sensor eliminator. I have had this side fairing off probably 5-6 times since i have owned it, guessing, and have not paid attention to that part of the bike. So, problem solved and will continue with the build! :beerchug: Thanks Blanca for the assistance! Love this site.

Back