New owners: Do this after the kickstand mod!!!

biggrin.gif

Had to raise mine, at 40mph I was out running my headlight.It seems pretty damn stupid to have the fastest production bike with a F'n headlight shining on the ground. I cranked up both of mine high and low we got deer here so many its unreal ,I want the option of looking way down the road feels much better.
pirate.gif

What's up with the kick stand thing? I have no problems with mine what so ever. If I'm pointing down hill I just leave it in gear and make sure the stand is firm and all is well. Am I just lucky or what?
rock.gif
What am I missing here?
rock.gif

rock.gif

Good thing to check the low beams was pointed down as well. I also installed the chrome fame sliders as well. Good advise!!

What's up with the kick stand thing? I have no problems with mine what so ever. If I'm pointing down hill I just leave it in gear and make sure the stand is firm and all is well. Am I just lucky or what?
rock.gif
What am I missing here?
rock.gif
The mod just allows the kickstand to go further forward, alot of bike have fallen from the kickstand not being all the way forward, accidentally bumping the bike, parking it on a slight down hill grade.  It is added insurance!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|busabullet
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121961954 -->

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

OK - thanks - I guess I'm just extra cautious about that so it has not been an issue for me!

I thought the low beam seemed awfully short to me. I am sure I will have to adjust mine too. Man I can't believe how helpful this website is. They should post this URL in the owners manual.

Thanks Dakkine2 for the instructions. They worked perfect. I made the adjustments in about 15 minutes and it made a world of difference.

Glad you posted this. I have been putting off adjusting mine, and everytime I go for a ride at night I tell myself I need to do it before I ride again. My bike is sitting in the garage on the stands and I'm going to go do it right now! Thanks guys and gals!

rock.gif
What am I missing here?
rock.gif
Scooter girl, I started reading this board way before buying one of these bikes so I knew a little about them in advance.

When I bought my '06 the shop pushed it out into the little presentation room and the sales guy rolled it outside so that they could set it in my pickup.

The salesman stopped the bike, dropped the side stand and walked over to my truck. I was looking at the bike (drooling) and the darned thing fell!

This little bitty dude, who obviously does the PDI and rides the bike to make sure its sound, caught it right before it bounced off of the pavement!

I gave him a 20 for the good deed and heads up and to help with co-pay at the medical center - he had to have pulled something!

Since then I have been nearly paranoid about the bike falling!

Ground the kickstand down to let it swing out further before I even rode it! Keeping it in gear and letting it roll forward until it stops is a fantastic tip tho'!!!

rock.gif

Back