New Owner with some questions

clrd2lnd

Registered
Well finally after searching and saving I bought myself a 2003 hayabusa. I have a question. The stock windshield rattles quite a bit at low speeds and from 3-6k rpms. It is annoying the $hit out of me! I tightened down the allen head screws but that did not help. Other than that everything is perfect on the bike. Thanks in advance Imagestation.com closed, link removed

I took my windscreen out and put tape around the edge just under where you would be able to see it when installed. Try that, I promise it will go away.

try the tape n get a new ( ZG Double Bubble ) and you'll be happy ever after ..or untill the big beetle smaks you when yah have your shield up.
wink.gif

Thanks for the quick replies guys, I appreciate it. Is there anything else holding the shield in place or just those 2 Allen head screws on each side?

Welcome to the board.....I think they already got ya fixed up...I use sportech shields on mine..and have to put a small piece of electrical tape on the edges...no problems.....
biggrin.gif

Went straight to a ZG DB screen on mine, but the tape will definitely work. Welcome to the board.

I added the ZG double bubble and then I got the vibration, bummer for the first mod. Good job I have tons of duct tape and electrical tape laying around. I also have the low idle problem from the factory, guess I better also check the headlights from the posts I have been reading. Seems like a bit of work for a brand new bike.

I added the ZG double bubble and then I got the vibration, bummer for the first mod.  Good job I have tons of duct tape and electrical tape laying around.  I also have the low idle problem from the factory, guess I better also check the headlights from the posts I have been reading.  Seems like a bit of work for a brand new bike.
Just got to remember these bikes aren't put together by rocket scientist...

lol, already had the madness smack the heck out of my wallet on my car. Modding is addictive. I used some electrical tape last night, one run around the edge, 2 deep on the end it worked perfectly. I am so happy to have the cheap rattling taken care off. I think I could have just rapped the tip on the shield and it would have worked fine. I also followed the directions and adjusted the idle, yup a 5 minute job with spectacular results. I though it was me with the bike stalling, figured it needed more time to warm up, and I was worried and the clicking sound it sometimes would make. All fixed now.
Lastly its great to be on this site, it is awesome to have somewhere to go for questions and ideas for mods.

Back