New Norwegian member

Torp68

Registered
IMG_3190.jpeg
IMG_3372.jpeg

Hi Guys
Just joined a couple of weeks back after having recently purchased a one owner -00 Busa from Germany. I guess this colour scheme came in 99 (?), so it might be a 99 registered in 2000. Good looking bike that is very close to original and in good nick (minus the dent in the original can, which is already swapped).
I'm originally a "two stroke nut" (An RD500 in the picture and also a Honda NS400R hiding somewhere in the garage....), but I do fancy a good 4-stroke!! :-) There is actually a -98 Fireblade in there somewhere also.... The Busa has been sitting in a German garage for a while (I believe), and has been on a trailer home once already. Suddenly stopped on the highway. Sort of like killing the engine with the kill switch.... Eventually started again, running rough for a minute then stopping again.... and again.
Been using the .org a lot the last couple of weeks for problem-solving. Running through all electric possibilities (kill-switch, stand switch, tilt-switch etc) and also looking into the well-known fuel problem on the very early Buses with external pump. Filters, o-rings etc coming in next week.
The bike pulled like a f.... train before it decided to quit on me, and it will do so again!
Thanks for letting me in! Really do enjoy all the info you guys have gathered on here for all to enjoy.

:welcome:
You have certainly arrived at the right place.
We love photos - never be shy about posting pics!
Bikes that have sat for a while usually do have fueling issues.
You'll want to clean out the f.pump, maybe run some cleaner stuff through the tank to get at the injectors and other places. Some forum experts will be along shortly with precise prescriptions on how to get your bird blasting.

Love them 2 strokers myself, kicked my arse for getting rid of a couple...

Good looking bike and you've cone to the right place to make it run as good as it looks.....

Seen that question on here multiple times searching for solutions to my problem :-):beerchug: Yes, mate; I got pie! There's a tiny bit of Atlantic to cross, but being a professional pilot you should have no problem. I'm a pilot too, by the way. Sikorsky S-92 helos, flying offshore to the Norwegian oilfields.
My son is in the Canadian Air Force and works on the military version of the S-92.

We just had one crash near Greece.

My son is in the Canadian Air Force and works on the military version of the S-92.

We just had one crash near Greece.
We saw that the Canadians lost a military version (Cyclone) with 6 military servicemen outside Greece three weeks ago. We're looking forward to see what comes out of the ongoing investigation. I have 8000 hrs in the S-92, 99% of over water, and have always felt safe in it. Hopefully they will eventually come up with some answers. It's been working rather well since the 2009 accident off Newfoundland.

where did you get the adapter from?
I got it from this UK-based company. mhproducts | eBay Stores Not in their inventory now though.
I have to admit I find them rather large and moving the caliper far aft and down (nothing much to compare with though..), but they fit ok and the outside of the pads are aligned with the outside of the disc with 10 mm Brembo spacers.

Welcome and congrats on the new to you ride! Already making modifications leads to an empty wallet very soon. Ha, ha!
:D Thanks, and so true!! I'm however "used to" refurbishing 30+ year old two-strokes. The cost of that is absolutely nuts compared to pretty much anything. (And in the end you're finishing off something that in the next decade will be fun.... and slightly unreliable...:confused:)

We saw that the Canadians lost a military version (Cyclone) with 6 military servicemen outside Greece three weeks ago. We're looking forward to see what comes out of the ongoing investigation. I have 8000 hrs in the S-92, 99% of over water, and have always felt safe in it. Hopefully they will eventually come up with some answers. It's been working rather well since the 2009 accident off Newfoundland.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the investigation. I know there are quite a few differences between the S-92 and Cyclone's computer system not sure if those differences would have made a contribution to this crash...

Good looking chopper though.

Back