New mod

Pipefighter248

Donating Member
Registered
Just figured I would post up for anyone interested.
Was installing a Vista cruise on the bike for a trip Dad and I will be taking this weekend and asked him about a breakaway throttle lock that he had on his VTX.
Said I could try it out.
Thing I like about this setup is that it has a seperate place to engage and to release the lock, also set up to release when the front brake lever is pulled in. Can also twist throttle like normal when engaged. If you twist the throttle open too quick it will disengage.
Says right on the box, not for use with 7/8" bars.
I am running aftermarket grips that might be just a tad bigger then stock, but not by much.
Only thing I noticed is that you have to loosen the brake ass. with Reservoir and turn it slightly upward so that the throttle lock will clear the throttle cables.
Also, since doing this you can not have risers in the front bigger then 3/4".
I had to remove my 1" risers and switch back to the 3/4".
It is bulky like the vistacruise, but only 1/16" bigger then it.
Now price wise for me it's a freebie for a bit, but normally runs around $175 or so. So compared to the throttlemiesters and the cheaper like vista cruise, it is probably too much for some.
But on a short test it worked great.

I'll get pics tomorrow, camera battery is dead, but below is the site for anyone interested.

Brakeaway thottle lock

Good deal,PiPe, keep us up to date.
thumb_up.gif

Cool, did you have to trim your grip or did it just fit over the top?

am a die hard VistaCruise guy myself... started using them around 1979 or so and to this day I try flicking the lever on my bikes that do not even have one...

Nice grips but a bit salty on price... .wow..

Just fit over top of the grip.

No trimming or extra mods were done besides rotating the brake ass. some to clear the throttle cables coming out of the bottom of the housing.

am a die hard VistaCruise guy myself... started using them around 1979 or so and to this day I try flicking the lever on my bikes that do not even have one...

Nice grips but a bit salty on price... .wow..
Grip was not included.
Wasn't too pricey from me since it was just laying in dad's garage not getting used.
smile.gif

Unless your talking about the ones in the link I posted.
Now that is pricey $245.
wowold.gif

Back