New member from Portugal

marclaren

Registered
Hi there.

I'm Marco, from Portugal (apologies for my relatively poor english), and I am the owner of a '99 busa for about one year now. It looked like this at that time I bought it:

busa01.jpg

I started off riding a couple of Yamaha DT 50 LC. Some years later I got back to riding on a Honda CBF125, then a '98 Hornet 600, followed by a '97 Kawasaki ZZR1100.
I am currently the owner of a 2010 BMW F800R for five years now, and about one year ago I bought a '99 gen1 busa who was clearly in need of a little TLC.

Ever since I bought this bike, it's been a great ride, and I have been doing some (a lot of) work on it to get her back in shape. This forum has helped me out in some of the stuff I needed to do (most recently applying a S-TRE to stop her annoying stuttering - which worked out perfectly).

Here are some recent photos of the bike:

2020-02-08 17.54.37.jpg

2020-02-08 17.53.56.jpg

2020-02-08 17.55.06.jpg

2020-02-08 17.53.25.jpg

Hope to be able to keep learing stuff around here, and also giving back from what I've learned so far.

:welcome: Brother Marco. No need to apologize for your English...
It's our Portuguese that needs work. :laugh: Sweet Gen I. That's how I started this madness back 20 years ago.(on 5th Busa now) The sky is the limit as far as mods go. If you don't want to spend much cash you can always do cheap or free mods.Stock cans can be drilled for better sound and polished to look like chrome,air box mod,etc etc...things like that.Hit us with any questions or Busa issues...we love it all.It's what we do! :thumbsup: Here's my first Gen I,all stock except for low-budget mods.:p Then I upgraded to the faster color like yours.
Stock Busa has 7 painted parts, mine had 37 painted parts. Every thing else was polished..."Fully Mexican" no offence to any Mexicans.;)
Rubb.

Welcome and nice bike! Love the kmh speedometer :)
That is a rare and priceless Busa artifact. :bowdown: Nice spot Red,I missed it.
A 340 KPH'er. Sweet.
Marco...hang on to that. You will be able to sell that for BIG money should the need arise. Maybe make it part of your retirement package.:thumbsup:
Apparently they can garner 250 Euro...about $275 US...$69 dolla Canadian.:laugh:
220/340 speedo
I had the 340 speedo on one of my Busa's...switched out the face plates thou. I wonder who got the originals?
Rubb.

Welcome and nice to see you introduced yourself in a civilised way lol !
Ya just can’t get any cooler than having a ‘99 Busa at your fingertips, I’ve had mine for 6 years now and will never part with it, I’ve done so much work on it to get it to a place where I’m happy with the overall performance, I just couldn’t let it go.
Mine also has the 350kmh speedo, a great way to impress your mates :thumbsup:
Anything you need to know or you need help with, you’ve come to the right place!

That is a rare and priceless Busa artifact. :bowdown: Nice spot Red,I missed it.
A 340 KPH'er. Sweet.
Marco...hang on to that. You will be able to sell that for BIG money should the need arise. Maybe make it part of your retirement package.:thumbsup:
Apparently they can garner 250 Euro...about $275 US...$69 dolla Canadian.:laugh:
220/340 speedo
I had the 340 speedo on one of my Busa's...switched out the face plates thou. I wonder who got the originals?
Rubb.

The 340 km/h speedometer is the standard here in Europe (except probably for the UK version), due to the metric system. Have no idea though how much will a speedometer cost around here, even though every now and then some used parts show up online.

Back